Rumor: HTC M8 With Plastic Body To Make The Phone More Affordable

Recently, Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC was in news for using metallic bodies for its phones. However, new reports suggest that the company is planning to launch its recently released flagship model One M8 with plastic body. If this rumour is true, it points to the fact that HTC wants to attract even more customers with the cheaper version of M8. Signs are that HTC would launch plastic version of One M8 by next month. It’s interesting to note that HTC has always been very proud of its metal body phones and have ridiculed Samsung’s high-end phones for being plastic made.

htc_one_m8

Reports on this story suggest that the phone will have outside body of plastic rather than metal. However the configuration and design of both the phones would have no distinct changes. The issue behind HTC’s this move is believed to be the high cost of metal pieces whereas the plastic variant of same model would make it available at low-cost.

As reported by a 【独家】嘲讽三星Galaxy为廉价塑料机的HTC,将推塑料版M8-钛媒体官方网站, the phone would be priced around 3000 Yuan (approx. Rs 29,000). HTC unveiled 4G version of One M8 in china just a couple of days ago, with price tag of 5299 Yuan (approx. Rs 51,300). The figures clearly indicate much difference in prices of both variants. Last month, HTC One M8 Goes Official - All You Need To Know but price is yet to be announced. It would be interesting to see how customers react to plastic version of M8. Do share with us your thoughts on the plastic variant's effect on the original (metal) variant of the phone.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Rs.22,000 difference cannot be the difference in body cost.
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    This reminds me of iPhone 5C..
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    A.V.Ramani
    Rs.22,000 difference cannot be the difference in body cost.
    Correctly said sir. I expect that this would turn down sales of metal variant to a large extent. Still don't know what HTC is planning to do!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Aditya Deshmukh
    This reminds me of iPhone 5C..
    Even their colours for the metallic variant would remind you of Iphone 5S.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo India has launched its latest Android 4.2 smartphone in India called the Lenovo S660 at a price of Rs. 13,999. Powered by a MTK 6582 1.3GHz Quad Core, the...
Hey guys, I have completed B.Tech in Instrumentation engineering in 2013.I am planning to do post graduation (M.Tech) but I am confused .Wheather i should apply for it now or...
Soon enough, all you need to charge your laptop could fit right in your pocket. 'Dart' is a tiny battery charger developed by FINsix, a company started by a a...
Quote: Floating projected computer screens made of mist could become a feature of future office meetings if new technology from Bristol University takes off. Endquote Read more: https://www.theengineer.co.uk/electr...omputer-screens/1018385.article#ixzz2yvcI2dQt
Hey guys any ideas on advanced communication system project topics ? I need it for final project Thank u in advance