RTL In VLSI design

In VLSI design, there is a design phase called RTL(Register Transfer Level) design. Why are we going for register level designs in VLSI, where the circuitry contains only transistors???

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    In HDLs the designer declares the registers (which roughly correspond to variables in computer programming languages), and describes the combination logic by using constructs that are familiar from programming languages such as if-then-else and arithmetic operations. This level is called register-transfer level. The term refers to the fact that RTL focuses on describing the flow of signals between registers.

Register Transfer Level

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Witricity is a term coined to Wireless transmission of electricity. I have gone through many internet articles which only suggests topics which seems old. Kindly let me know if anyone...
Ubuntu doesn't really deliver post release update of new mesa driver code to its users which is really sad as the Graphics drivers are progressing very fast and it ain't...
Hello Friends I am looking for alternative for zopim live chat support that can work with google hangouts, right now it is only compatible with google chat, but I am...
OnePlus - the 'never settle' company from China had a troubled affair with the custom ROM provider, Cyanogen. In India, Cyanogen signed an exclusivity bond with Micromax for the Yu...
Project Abstract / Summary : OBJECTIVE OF OUR PROJECT The main objective of this project is to establish an ongoing satellite design program by demonstrating that small, inexpensive satellites can...