Rs. 2000 Note With RFID or GPS Tag?

The Indian Government is all set to introduce new currency notes. What I've been hearing over multiple social channels and WhatsApp is that the new Rs. 2000 notes will have a GPS or RFID tag that won't require an active power source.

I've been trying to verify the truth and wondering if it's possible to include a chip inside a currency note. Can someone help clarify this?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

Nothing mentioned about GPS Chip in this one !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Perhaps, they've got a secret RFID chip in there? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Perhaps, they've got a secret RFID chip in there? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I don't think so. And specially to track the location of the chips isn't looking like practical to me right now and especially at this level. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    I don't think so. And specially to track the location of the chips isn't looking like practical to me right now and especially at this level. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I'm not sure what'd be the motive behind introducing Rs. 2000 notes. While the current currency initiative will unearth the existing black money, new hoarding will start once the new notes are introduced in circulation. Would appreciate if someone can throw more light on this.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    It's simply not possible with the current available technology. It's a hoax.
    A GPS receiver cannot be a passive device. And a passive rfid isn't helpful either. Even with the highest power transmitter, it'll be not be possible to get it to any use due to cash being hidden away much deeper than penetration of transmitter.
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    if there os any technology like this, it would great.
    but currently for phone GPS we need to come to open space for accuracy.
    Don't know how IRNSS may work. And maybe been regional navigation system, it has higher penetration.
  • Deepak Waghmare
    Deepak Waghmare
    I check the 2000/- currency visually but can't see it. Can you guys guide for how to check the location of RFID tag? Is there any kind of scanner available?
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    I have learned that there are major two security feature Eurion pattern and Counterfeit deterrence system.
    It won't let u to print of scan original bank,note or if u try edit,on software it wont be possible.
    These two features are also available on Indian 50,100 and old 500,1000 notes. And also in majority foreign currencies.

Rest few marks ln notes are given to identify.

But there is no Nano, micro chip for navigation or trace..
  • Deepak Waghmare
    Deepak Waghmare
    Kamlesh Vora
    I have learned that there are major two security feature Eurion pattern and Counterfeit deterrence system.
    It won't let u to print of scan original bank,note or if u try edit,on software it wont be possible.
    These two features are also available on Indian 50,100 and old 500,1000 notes. And also in majority foreign currencies.

Rest few marks ln notes are given to identify.

But there is no Nano, micro chip for navigation or trace..
    Thank you .....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CASANDRA=299 MARICELA=-392 then SHAWANDA= ?
QUESTION1.The maximum area of tension reinforcement in beams shall not exceed ? QUESTION2.As per I.S 456-1978,the PH value of water shall be ? QUESTION3.The minimum of main steel bars provided...
1)The reflex angle between the hands of a clock at 10:25 is 2)The clock is started at noon.By ten minutes past 5, the hour hands turn through 3)How much does...
1)The reflex angle between the hands of a clock at 10:25 is 2)The clock is started at noon.By ten minutes past 5, the hour hands turn through 3)How much does...
Home spawned Hyve Mobility, which drives inspiration from beehive, has introduced its new flagship smartphone- Hyve Pryme in the country. The dual-SIM device features a 2.3 GHz deca-core MediaTek Helio...