Router Review: Help To Buy A New Router

I want to buy a new router. I was using a BSNL router but it is now not working properly. Internet connection is disconnected after every 10 minutes.

I am thinking about this- #-Link-Snipped-#

or

Netgear DGN1000 Wireless-N 150 Router With Modem - NETGEAR : Flipkart.com

Which one is better?

Requirements: I should have WIFI, and LAN cable connections from this router should support my Desktop and Laptop.

Do you know any other model with better warranty or guarantee associated with it?

What is your opinion? Should I order it? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Netgear is good company and name in router but I see two of my friends having issue in saving password in it.

We are using D-Link DIR-600L Wireless N150 Cloud Router - D-Link : Flipkart.com at our office and it's working too good.

What is the WiFi range you are looking for?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've recently done a lot of research on wireless routers because I wanted to buy one for CE HQ. While we went for the high end router; I think the basic questions you need to answer remain the same.

1. How far is your work-station from your router? Are there several walls in between?

2. How many computer are you planning to connect to the router using LAN cables?

3. Will you need your router to have storage?

4. What is your budget?

You'd also need to ensure that you go with the router that supports '802.11 n or ac', to ensure best possible range.

That said, you should also aim for a Router that offers stand-out antennae. My recommendation is that you should go for #-Link-Snipped-#. It's available for Rs. 1799 and seems to be within your budget.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# was in our list but later we planned for D-Link DIR-600L Wireless N150 Cloud Router - D-Link : Flipkart.com as it was within our budget but I can see you are already on 1700/- budget Go with Asus.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, one more reason to go with Asus is their capacity to throw signals that penetrate walls. Since #-Link-Snipped-# is already looking at routers in the Rs. 1500 - 2000 range; ASUS seems to be the best option available. They are very easy to configure.

I can help configure the router if anyone wants.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thank you. Now before I order #-Link-Snipped-# just tell me, if there will be any compatibility issues?

I am using Windows 7 operating system. If not, I am ordering it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Thank you. Now before I order #-Link-Snipped-# just tell me, if there will be any compatibility issues?

Well, if your Laptop can connect to a wireless connection (WiFi), then it should work with that router. The specs of the router mention that it works with: Vista, Linux, Windows: XP, 8, 7, Mac OS X and has IEEE 802.11b/g/n, IEEE 802.11d/i/e, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3 . Should work with any laptop. I don't see any problem.

Configuring the router is quite easy. I'll be available for help if you need.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thanks. That seems to be a good offer. 3 years warranty. ASUS service center is near Alankar talkies.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Issue
    Thanks. That seems to be a good offer. 3 years warranty. ASUS service center is near Alankar talkies.
    ASUS + Price + Flipkart + #-Link-Snipped-# Support ! Go for it buddy. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    ASUS + Price + Flipkart + #-Link-Snipped-# Support ! Go for it buddy. ๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž ; It won't be when I state my support price.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž ; It won't be when I state my support price.
    #-Link-Snipped-# has no issue if #-Link-Snipped-# start a thread on CE.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# has no issue if #-Link-Snipped-# start a thread on CE.
    wrong. The correct statement is-

#-Link-Snipped-# has no issue, if #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# help me ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Issue
    There is nothing to do with compatibility issue with any Wi-Fi router, except their creepy software for setup which is not essentially required.
    All router setup can be done directly from browser just connect via LAN cable and go to 192.168.1.1 for initial setup and after configuring network address and all, connect via wi-fi.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# are you using both router(ASUS RT N12 C1) and modem?
    or only ASUS RT N12 C1?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# are you using both router(ASUS RT N12 C1) and modem?
    or only ASUS RT N12 C1?
    I only use wireless router. ASUS RT-AC66U.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have seen a video about electronic Project, now days I am trying to implement on my final year project. Practically I face with some trouble... for example. Real project...
Founded by Vishal Devanath and Krishna Bharadwaj in February 2013, SMERGERS is a Bangalore-based startup that specializes in the online financial services market. An Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) focused...
BMW Motorcycles India has launched their all new sports bike - the BMW S1000R as promised in the country today. The ravishing new street-naked bike from BMW might have been...
how to generate a signal whose on time (initially 1ms) and increments by .1ms everytime we push a button.i.e frst push gives 1.1ms then 1.2ms and so on upto 2ms...
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster, etc etc. Forgive me if this belongs in another forum. I'm a mining engineer working for a mining company. We design &...