route finding using gps system

hi CEans, I am A b.tech final year ece student. I cam across this site and it seems useful to me. I want to make my major project as route finding usig gps system. But i belong ot haryan state and i have herad that gps system is acitvated only in selected states. Can anyone please telll me here if i can get alll the components of this project and approx. how much it will cost.😁

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've not heard about GPS systems being selectively activated in specific states. If you are able to acquire at least 3 GPS satellite signals, you can get a lock on your coordinates.

You can get an actual GPS module for around $50+ online 😀 Check this website:

SparkFun Electronics
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    yes actually the system has been started initially in few states only in INDIA like delhi,bangalore,mumbai etc.Cost will be as Ash suggested you already,follow the link he supplied.
  • handayar
    handayar
    thanks buddies for replying.
    Can you please give the circuit and component details of this project. I really want to design it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You can use a microcontroller (like a PIC) to interface with the GPS module, and let the uC format the information into something more understandable.

For tracking, its better to send the information to an internet connected device like a computer (or phone) and match it to map databases.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes, thats me! ... And this is my post number 1000. I'd like to tell the CEans that I have decided to step down from the coveted Editor in Chief...
If you have any questions about Quest Course, please post them in this thread. Read the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...programming-yashwant-kanetkar-asang-dani.html
CEans, CE is extremely proud and happy to present you with the best way to learn computer programming: Quest Video Courses on Programming! Each course covers in depth video lectures...
if you wanted the solution to any of the above mentioned thing then u have come to the rght place and also i help other problems also 😀
Hi all, Can anyone tell me who is she? P.S: Please tell me before 3.30.