Round II Guidelines - Hunt For India's Best Academic Project

All the contestants selected for Round II of the 'Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' Contest have to create a video presentation and upload it on YouTube.

NOTE: You may use any camera (including smartphone's camera or webcam) to record your videos. Make sure that youรข€™re using one of the following formats: .MOV , .MPEG4 , MP4 , .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, .WebM

Deadline: 15th April, 2015.
โ€‹
Video Format Guidelines:

1. Any one member or all members of the team one-by-one, may talk about the project in the video.
2. The length of the video should not exceed 10 minutes.
3. YouTube Video Title format: "CrazyEngineers: "
For Example: "CrazyEngineers: Hotel Management System"
4. YouTube Video Description format:
Brief Summary of your project with link to your project entry. (URL to be conveyed to participants via email)

Video Content Guidelines: {with timeline}

{0 - 1 Minutes}

1. Presentation opening

Every video should begin with the following statement -
"This video is recorded for "Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' contest organized by CrazyEngineers.com".
This statement should be followed by the team's introduction in the following format:
I am ________ [Full Name]
My Team Member's Names are ________ [All team member names] / This is my individual entry.
My/Our College's Name is ________ [Complete College Name, City, State]
My/Our Project's Title is _______ [Complete Project Title]

{1 - 8 Minutes}

2. Explain the underlying concepts, technologies used in your project and their significance.
Briefly talk about software/hardware, tools, technologies used and their relevance in the project.

3. Talk about the progress made by the team so far.
We would like to see the work done so far. If your project can be demonstrated, show the project in action. You can show code snippets, screenshots, photographs, statistics, etc. You may make use of direct screen capture tool, a PowerPoint/Keynote presentation or any other audio/visual aid to explain your project.

4. Real life use / implementation of the project.

What is the real life significance of your project? In which practical scenarios it can be useful? Explain it in brief. You may also talk about how your project is an improvement on available solutions.

5. Future scope of improvement.

Talk briefly about the limitations of your project and how it can be developed further in future.

{Last Two Minutes}

6. Give two strong reasons why this project should win the competition.

Explain quickly in just two points why this project deserves to win in this contest.

7. Conclude.
Conclude your presentation in not more 50 words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------โ€‹

Use of Language:
You can use English to explain your project, but if you are more comfortable with your native language, you can use it in the video and supplement the video with English subtitles.

How To Upload Your Video on YouTube?

Follow these simple steps:
  1. Sign into YouTube. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
  2. Click the Upload button at the top of the page. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
  3. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer.
  4. Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube.
For the solutions of the most common upload problems, check: #-Link-Snipped-#

How to submit your Round II entry?

1. Your first round entries are visible here: #-Link-Snipped-#
2. Once the video is live on YouTube, you can send its link (URL) to us via email at #-Link-Snipped-#

Deadline: 15th April, 2015.โ€‹

Judging Criteria:
Innovativeness, Overall Impact, Implementation, Practicality, Progress so far etc.
NOTE: There are NO extra points for video presentation or editing skills.

Also, only if found necessary a third round will be introduced to select the final winners.

Terms:
  1. CrazyEngineers will communicate directly with participant: individual or the group-representative in case of group entries.
  2. CrazyEngineers is not responsible for disputes among team members about entries.
  3. CrazyEngineers officials reserve the right to disqualify any project without providing reasons.
  4. By taking part in the contest, you agree to follow all the rules and regulations of the contest.
The terms and conditions will be updated if required through updates here. It's advised that all the participants must regularly check this page for updates.
Questions, Clarifications, Doubts?

Your questions or doubts about the contest can be asked in replies below.

Replies

• S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    Is there any reason for uploading video in the youtube.. ??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    Is there any reason for uploading video in the youtube.. ??
    That's the easiest way to share video on CE without hassle.
  • S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    I wish to explain my project in tamil provided with English subtitles..... may i proceed that.. ?? Is that acceptable mam.. humbly i request you to clarify this mam.. if there is any problem point out that.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    I wish to explain my project in tamil provided with English subtitles..... may i proceed that.. ?? Is that acceptable mam.. humbly i request you to clarify this mam.. if there is any problem point out that.
    Sure. As mentioned in the Round II Guidelines above:
    Use of Language:
    You can use English to explain your project, but if you are more comfortable with your native language, you can use it in the video and supplement the video with English subtitles.
    This is acceptable.
  • Priyam Gupta
    Priyam Gupta
    I just got informed that i am selected for round 2 and the deadline for the YouTube link is till today. So how can I upload and send you the link in so less time?
    Are you going to extend it?
  • Priyam Gupta
    Priyam Gupta
    Priyam Gupta
    I just got informed that i am selected for round 2 and the deadline for the YouTube link is till today. So how can I upload and send you the link in so less time?
    Okay sorry I thought last date to be 15 March
  • S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    Its april 15 th... not? March 15 th..
    Priyam Gupta
  • Priyam Gupta
    Priyam Gupta
    I
    S.K.Vaisnavi Devi
    Its april 15 th... not? March 15 th..
    Yes I corrected myself!! 15april
  • Abhijith Parri
    Abhijith Parri
    Can I use graphics in my video as it is difficult to make my project live it needs some permissions...??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Abhijith Parri
    Can I use graphics in my video as it is difficult to make my project live it needs some permissions...??
    Sure. In the demonstration phase of your video, you may use graphics or any other visual aid to share your progress so far. (not more than 2 minutes)
  • Abhijith Parri
    Abhijith Parri
    That's great to hear thank you mam...
  • Avijit Swami
    Avijit Swami
    MY QUESTION IS....
    DO EVERY GROUP MEMBER HAVE TO OPEN THEIR OWN ACCOUNT ON CRRAZY ENGINEERS?
    OR ONLY THE ACCOUNT OF GROUP LEADER IS SUFFICIENT?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# As stated in the first announcement, every member of the participating team has to open an account on CrazyEngineers. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    NOTICE UPDATED:
    Once the video is live on YouTube, you can send its link (URL) to us via email at :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Tanay Saraswat
    Tanay Saraswat
    we have register on youtube for crazy engg again..??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tanay saraswat
    we have register on youtube for crazy engg again..??
    We are not sure if we understand your question.
    Quoting above post:

How To Upload Your Video on YouTube?
    Follow these simple steps:
    1. Sign into YouTube. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
    2. Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
    3. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer.
    4. Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube.
  • Tanay Saraswat
    Tanay Saraswat
    ok so video is to be public and we have to send that link to you via email..no need to register again
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tanay saraswat
    ok so video is to be public and we have to send that link to you via email..no need to register again
    Correct. You send us the link via email and we will connect it with the form entry from Round I. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Tanay Saraswat
    Tanay Saraswat
    thank uu mam..๐Ÿ˜€)
  • Kalepsh Mapelkar
    Kalepsh Mapelkar
    plz tell me Deadline of round 2
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kalpesh Mapelkar
    plz tell me Deadline of round 2
    It is as mentioned in the first post here.
    Ankita Katdare
    Deadline: 15th April, 2015.
  • Kalepsh Mapelkar
    Kalepsh Mapelkar
    Deadline: 15th April, 2014 or 2015
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kalpesh Mapelkar
    Deadline: 15th April, 2014 or 2015
    2015. Fixing the typo.
  • Vishnu Teja G
    Vishnu Teja G
    Kaustubh Katdare
    2015. Fixing the typo.
    Hello Sir. When do we receive the URL of our project. As it's mentioned that you will convey it by email.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vishnu Teja G
    Hello Sir. When do we receive the URL of our project. As it's mentioned that you will convey it by email.
    Within next 2 days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Update: 15 days to go!
    All the project entries have been made live here: #-Link-Snipped-#

We have started receiving YouTube video links from participants via email and are pretty excited about disclosing them.

If participants have any queries, now is the right time to ask. Shoot your questions in replies below.
  • Rahul_Jain
    Rahul_Jain
    I have a question about the protection of intellectual property.
    We are working on a novel concept and are in the process of getting the technology patented.
    Are the concepts presented by the participants protected?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rahul_Jain
    I have a question about the protection of intellectual property.
    We are working on a novel concept and are in the process of getting the technology patented.
    Are the concepts presented by the participants protected?
    Concepts can be legally protected by applying for a patent. Participants who worry about IP protection should not participate in the round II.
  • Avijit Swami
    Avijit Swami
    MY QUESTION IS ........ IF MY VIDEO IS OF 12 MIN ....WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM...
  • Avijit Swami
    Avijit Swami
    HELLO SIR ...I HAVE CREATED THE VIDEO OF 12 MIN .....WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM WITH IT?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Avijit Swami
    MY QUESTION IS ........ IF MY VIDEO IS OF 12 MIN ....WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM...
    We recommend that you keep the video within the 10 minutes limit, but if there's no way to cut it short and you think it is absolutely necessary to include those extra 2 minutes, we won't mind a 12-minute long entry.
    All the best for Round II.
  • Tanay Saraswat
    Tanay Saraswat
    Above the student is talking about URL of the project I have not received yet and what is the purpose of that URL
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Everyone can find their project's link (URL) in this section:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    This URL is to be pasted in the YouTube video description as stated in the guidelines.
  • t.subash
    t.subash
    mam...my project has been selected for second round , i added my project members but i could not found their names in the post,where could i see the project details?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Your team members' names have been duly noted. Do not worry about that.
    Only the most basic details have been outed on the URL. You have to include the team members' names in your Round II video anyway. ๐Ÿ‘
  • t.subash
    t.subash
    thank you mam..๐Ÿ˜€)
  • Archit Muchhal
    Archit Muchhal
    Is it necessary that the entire team members should have an account in CE?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Archit Muchhal
    Is it necessary that the entire team members should have an account in CE?
    Yes. It is mandatory.
  • P.Balakrishna
    P.Balakrishna
    if i send my video link tomorrow will it be accepted since it was deadline tommorrow?
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    Is there necessary to every member in a group should explain the project in video??
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    Is Every member in a team should explain the project in video???
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    Yes they will accept if u send the link on or before 11.59 pm
    P.Balakrishna
    if i send my video link tomorrow will it be accepted since it was deadline tommorrow?
  • Abhishek R Nair
    Abhishek R Nair
    mam... this video isnt getting a link..
    i mean... its not uploading... right..
  • Abhishek R Nair
    Abhishek R Nair
    there's some prblm wid my youtube account...
  • P.Balakrishna
    P.Balakrishna
    Anitha. A
    Yes they will accept if u send the link on or before 11.59 pm
    thank you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anitha. A
    Is Every member in a team should explain the project in video???
    As explained in the guidelines:
    1. Any one member or all members of the team one-by-one, may talk about the project in the video.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Deadline is today midnight.
    Submit your entries by today 11:59 PM. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    I have sent my video link through mail.how do I know they would see the mail? I didn't get any reply..will they see my mail
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anitha. A
    I have sent my video link through mail.how do I know they would see the mail? I didn't get any reply..will they see my mail
    You must've received confirmation by mail.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II entries have been closed. Results to be declared on 30th April, 2015.
    For further information and updates, keep an eye on announcements section.

PS: Congratulations to all those who have completed Round II! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    I didn't get confirmation.what should I do?
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    Ankita Katdare
    You must've received confirmation by mail.
    I didn't got confirmation through mail
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II entries have been closed. Results to be declared on 30th April, 2015.
    For further information and updates, keep an eye on announcements section.

PS: Congratulations to all those who have completed Round II! ๐Ÿ‘
    Is there any problem if the video exceeds 10 mins because my video is 10.36 mins??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Your entry has been received.
    Check: Emergency houses for disaster management.
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    I
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Your entry has been received.
    Check: Emergency houses for disaster management.
    Is there any problem if the video exceeds 10 mins? My video exceeds by 30 secs.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anitha. A
    I

Is there any problem if the video exceeds 10 mins? My video exceeds by 30 secs.
    No, there is no problem.
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    Ankita Katdare
    No, there is no problem.
    Thank you
  • Bhuvan Pooja
    Bhuvan Pooja
    when will be the results
  • Anitha Anand
    Anitha Anand
    April 30
  • Bhuvan Pooja
    Bhuvan Pooja
    thanks for that
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The winners shall be declared on 1st of May 2015! All the best, everyone!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : From the emerging domain Cloud computing, there are various applications. One among that is, Using the Cloud Computing concept and chemistry as an interoperability domain,...
Project Abstract / Summary : WIRELESS CHARGING Inductive charging (also known as "wireless charging") uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects. This is usually done with a...
Project Abstract / Summary : WIRELESS CHARGING Inductive charging (also known as "wireless charging") uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects. This is usually done with a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Epilepsy is a chronic disorder characterised by paroxysmal brain dysfunction due to excessive neuronal discharge.People with epilepsy have an increased risk of premature death. The...
Project Abstract / Summary : Nowadays purchasing and shopping at big malls is becoming a daily activity in metro cities. We can see huge rush at malls on holidays and...