ROR on Ubuntu 14.04

Hi friends. I am using Ubuntu 14.04, when I want to installing ruby on rails in it. some errors are occured.
when i type rvm install ruby it gives
"no command found"
but when i use ruby -v and rails -v its shows its versions.
when i use rails new app its give install all bundles but it gives an error
'x64_mingw' is not a valid platform
please help me

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    x64_mingw - You got the wrong version. mingw is GNU for windows. Your binaries seems to be compiled for windows. Download the appropriate version and try.
  • Suhel Inamdar
    Suhel Inamdar
    i installed mingw but now below error is arised
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Suhel143
    i installed mingw but now below error is arised
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Umm, when I said find the correct binaries, I meant find the binaries compiled for Linux. Installing mingw won't solve. You're trying to run a windows binary on Ubuntu. While that may work with efforts, go for the obvious and easy option i.e. get a binary compiled for Linux

Did you try instructions here -> Install Ruby on Rails 5.2 · Ubuntu · RailsApps
  • Suhel Inamdar
    Suhel Inamdar
    Thanks
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    You could install wine and run windoze executables, but I'm not sure why anybody would want to do such a thing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm curious to know whether our CEans find notifications and alerts from various installed mobile apps useful. I read a conversation on LinkedIn that was on the lines "Flipkart sends...
Hey, I m a student of 3 year diploma course in electrical engg. After 10th class. I just reached my 6th sem with so many backlogs. Now my interest is...
As the nation was celebrating Independence Day, regional smartphone manufacturer Micromax quietly put up details of their new smartphone on the company website. The Micromax Canvas 5 Lite Special Edition...
Just like other regional smartphone manufacturers, the newest entrant, LYF is keeping up with the status quo and releasing a smartphone every week. At the beginning of this week the...
While we cannot deny the vast improvement of recent technologies based upon the foundation of LASER innovation, we must not stop our minds to speculate over the range of possible...