Rolls-Royce Drophead Coupé Waterspeed Collection Launched In UK - Tributes Sir Malcolm Campbell

Rolls-Royce has launched its latest Drophead Coupé Waterspeed Collection as a tribute to English speed-racer Sir Malcolm Campbell. It was in 1937 when he speeded over 202 kmph in his Rolls-Royce powered Bluebird K3 speedboat, snatching away the glorious water-speed record from the Americans. Two clippings significant to Sir Campbell have been shortlisted for the press and public unveiling.

The exterior of Drophead Coupé is its most noteworthy aspect. Inspired by Sir Campbell's color scheme, this car's coated with nine layers of Maggiore Blue, and the galvanized lacquer fortifies superior mirror-like finish. The exterior coach-line is entirely hand-painted. It's the first time in Royce's history where they've extended the exterior finish to the engine. Another first would be that the hood and tonneau cover are made entirely from brushed aluminum (they were earlier made using teak.)

Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 12.11.50 pm
Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 12.10.59 pm 7 Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 12.26.09 pm Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 12.26.25 pm Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 12.26.44 pm

A new feature in the car is the use of Abashi wood from Africa, so it doesn't bear heat. The armrests are engraved with Sir Campbell's boat design. The instrumentation in this car is pretty classy too - the accelerometer, clock and the power reserve as all inspired from the Bluebird K3.

It's a limited edition car, and only 35 excited enthusiasts may own a Drophead Coupé Waterspeed Collection. Price of the same hasn't been revealed.

Images via : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Per Giles Taylor, Director of Design - "It’s a contemporary take on the timeless romance of open top motoring."

Price of normal Rolls-Royce Drophead Coupe is 4 crores INR,
    The one given in the article is limited edition (only 35) as of now exists only on posters. It should be made available by end of the year and expected to be on sale by invitation only.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i want to enter in embedded field , so i am thinking of leaving the job and doing the pg diploma course in embedded systems from CDAC (i am...
Sistema Shyam Teleservices - the CDMA based telecom operator, has launched a new app called MBuddy that aims to make lives of students easier by helping them keep track of...
Hosachiguru is a Bangalore-based startup by a team of the trio - Sriram Chitlur, Srinath Setty and Ashok Kumar. They have developed a product that can be an attractive alternative...
A Good news for those who are automobile freak and are eager to join the Automobile Industry in near future. Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd (VWGSIPL) & Hindustan University...
hi hello everybody my thesis is "finite element analysis of jacketed columns subjected to axial load only" i have used the SHEIKH AND UZUMERI MODEL and theoretically found out the...