Rolls Royce Backs Bloodhound Super Sonic Car

bloodhound-ssc
Rolls Royce PLC has announced that they'll back the ambitious 1000 mph Bloodhound Super Sonic Car (SSC) project. The Bloodhound SSC will be powered by the Rolls Royce EJ200 jet engine along with a custom hybrid rocket that will propel the car to unimaginable 1600 km/h (Mach 1.4) speeds. The company will also provide financial backing to the project along with technical support.

Colin Smith, director of engineering & technology at Rolls Royce said that it's the cutting edge engineering which keeps his company and the UK at the forefront of global business. He believes in the importance of the Bloodhound SSC project in inspiring young engineers about STEM. The sponsorship acts as a platform for his company to showcase world-class British engineering.

Recommended Reading: Mark Chapman - Bloodhound SSC: The 1000mph Engineering Adventure.

Entertain yourself with the following animation video -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The topic for CE Weekend Debate/Discussion #3 was quite interesting - Are engineers destroying our planet or building a better one? The points raised during the debate were interesting. We...
Can someone please explain me the concept of message passing in java with an example?What does object invoking methods on other object means?
Google Smartwatch is coming and if the recent leaks are to be believed, it'll be unveiled before Apple talks about their iWatch. After a lot of nonsense in the tech...
You sure have heard about the Li-Ion batteries (your smartphone might just have one) but have you heard about the Lithium-Air battery? The Li-Air battery stores 4x as much energy...
Okay, I have re-written THIS BOOK in LibreOffice & exported to PDF File. But again I am not satisfied with the quality of how this book looks.So, I am not...