Robots in pursuit of power - No worry, only an hour of power

Quote:
There’s something slightly terrifying about the phrase “Google’s humanoid robot”. The technology company this week announced that Atlas, the device being used as a testbed in the US government’s robotic search and rescue competition, had been given an upgrade to enable it to work without a power cord.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Raffu
    Raffu
    Nice to see companies like Google are pumping money into Robotics.

Since, these robots are built with an Idea of Search & rescue.
    I was thinking a scenario where it could be helpful. Like rescuing people stuck in Fire Accident in a building.
    In this scenario, Noise is not a much of issue. But, It should be robust enough to defend itself from fire, climb through windows and Very Important, It should be able to save the human life.
    Other solutions will be to bring high power drones, which can send location of the people stuck to the Humanoid robot for precision and Fast Escapes.

Regards
    Rafeeq

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft researchers are really on to something these days with their R&D department churning out some of the most amazing innovations ever since the start of 2015. We witnessed the...
Quora - the website that's got several high profile people who share lengthy answers has finally figured out a business model and it's nothing interesting. Like every content site in...
My knowledge of radio waves is very limited! I was reading an article that says our radio waves have reached to over 50 light years in space. I began wondering...
To think that it about time that Digital TV becomes available from the comfort of your smartphone or tablet, is an appropriate thing. At CES 2015, Sony launched a Digital...
Project Abstract / Summary : The consumption for fuel in Automotive is drastically increasing due to population growth. The application of a thermoelectric system which recovers waste heat to generate...