Robotic arm without motor drives

Well this is one crazy idea that struck my mind as I was going through my friends project proposal

Wel in their design of roboti arm the hand had 3 joints and a clasping hand So in total they needed 4 servo motors for this bot to work perfectly as per their design

This prototypical design has been long in use in the world of science

Right Now I am looking for desing which does not uses servo motors or pneumatic drives for the motion of these arms

Is this feaible ??

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    We talked a bit about SMA- Shape Memory Alloys, here on CE. Worth a look again 😀

tagging #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Just the other day i was looking at my project presentation! 😀

I have to run to my corporate life right now, but i'll try and post whatever I have on this today evening or over the weekend.

One thought, when I was making my project I was unable to find a supplier in India so this may have to be imported. But then again, things may have changed in the last few years.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am in for this new coponent

I looked into shape memory alloys But is it really capable to do some complex stuff like controlling a macro object😲

All here are waiting for the resource by #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the greatest innovations in terms of spectacle inductry is concerned is Google Glass But it is on a verge of utter failure why is it so ? Here...
Well without advertisement there is not roads or media in this world Every where we go we see billboards and many sign post telling us about gadgets and stuff we...
Let the gamble begin In the market we are able to see so many high end mobile phones being faked and another phone with almost the same features is available...
There is a Design News Webinar on LEDs in lighting applications on 13 Aug 2013: Those interested may register here: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistr...5492A32&partnerref=Evite2&sourcepage=register
Over the period of time Man's life style has been made much easier and comfortable with the evolution of technology What can be that which brought about the most drastic...