Robot on a Comet - The Rosetta MIssion

The attempt to land a robot on a comet by the European Space Agency is not just finding a meagre 4 kilometer rock in the immensity of space but landing a robot on it. It is not only hunting for a needle in a haystack but also threading it sight unseen.
Quote:
It’s the time of year when those of a Christmas-celebrating inclination think about mysterious lights in the sky and where they might lead. Heavenly phenomena were high on the agenda for followers of engineering disciplines too, with the amazing feat of the European Space Agency in not only sending a probe to study a comet, but actually landing a robotic emissary on it. It’s been hailed as the most difficult landing in the history of space exploration and while it didn’t go exactly to plan, it still promises a wealth of new information about the formation of the Solar System.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Germany based holding company T-Mobile has now started offering the Nexus 9 tablet with the LTE facility. By doing so, the company has become the first US carrier to provide...
Short answer: because they are mostly run and governed by the professors who've zilch experience of running a business. Long answer: I see that the latest fashion among almost all...
Guys i have done b.tech in automobile branch and i am going to join a company who is vendor of automobile parts and heavy equipment.i am joining at marketing executive...
An in-depth report on a technology that is finally stepping out of the sci-fi shadows: the wearable exoskeleton. Read pages 14 - 16: https://digitaledition.theengineer.co.uk/te-1214/files/1.html?cmpid=tenews_744114
So, it's been almost a week since my friends and I last stepped into Gold Souk Mall, Kochi and the Rifle Shooting Games over there really caught our attention. Infact...