RFM70 Power Down

Hi,

I am trying to bring the RFM70 into Power Down mode. I do that by setting the Power Up bit (Bit 1) in the CONFIG register (Register 0 in Bank 0) to 0. This does have an effect. I do see power consumption drop. However, it only drops to about 90 µA. That is far more than the 3 µA specified in the data sheet. I measured power consumption on every pin and found that nothing is consumed on any connection with the MC. So it seems that the RFM70 itself is consuming the 90 µA although in Power Down mode.
Has anyone got the RFM70 close to the 3 µA from the data sheet or does anyone know if there is anything needed in addition?

Thanks!
Netzoss

Replies

• netzoss
    netzoss
    I am running it on 3.6 V
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Hi @#-Link-Snipped-#,
    I had done some work with RFM70 but I have never tried to send it in sleep mode. You may like to keep an eye on your MCU as well as RFM70. If possible try to isolate their supply and measure current.
  • netzoss
    netzoss
    Thanks Harshad,

I figured it out. The module was actually broken in some way. I replaced it with another and it works like charm, just as documented.

Regards,
    Robert
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    netzoss
    Thanks Harshad,

I figured it out. The module was actually broken in some way. I replaced it with another and it works like charm, just as documented.

Regards,
    Robert
    Great ! 👍
  • J Biswas
    J Biswas
    RFM70 does give 5uA in power down mode, as we have checked.
    Although if you try changing the 30M crystal the machine "might" behave normally again.
    We use 2500 from chipcon instead, that eats less than 1uA in low power mode.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PS: You must try this while its night , Put it on for like 30 mins ( it might fell wierd n shit) but after exit the program and see...
Hi, can you please check my answer? By the way, we don't use calculator at all so we don't have to calculate to the exact value. For example, if there...
" Let us never negotiate out of fear but never fear to negotiate." John F. Kennedy​ Negotiation is an art. Negotiations are an important part of any business deal. Each...
"Do something. If it works, do more of it if it doesn't do something else." Franklin D. Roosevelt​ Internet is a 21st century guide, philosopher, friend and it can be...
It's the friendly route of collaboration that sees together two major tech-giants, Google and Samsung, both of whom make headlines every now and then for patent infringement lawsuits (thankfully not...