Reversible system

If,we increase efficiency more than 50% ,then system becomes reversible why??????
actually ,i m a student of 1st sem of mech. engg. .
in mechanics subject is a topic self locking machines ,in that topic this case is discussed so i want to know that this is only a consideration or reality??????????????

Replies

• arjunoids
    arjunoids
    which efficiency are you talking about?
    we have thermal efficiency,
    mechanical efficiency,
    air standard efficiency,
    overall efficiency, etc.,
    And its not true that the system should be reversible if the efficienct is more than 50%.
  • ankit bapat
    ankit bapat
    its the mechanical efficiency
    related to engg. mechanics
  • Vega
    Vega
    abhishek. sharma
    If,we increase efficiency more than 50% ,then system becomes reversible why??????
    That's quite a ambigious question. I would like to hear more abt it.
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    abhishek. sharma
    no its not possible. to system become reversible.
    Can you elaborate your question?
  • Riyaz Rathod
    Riyaz Rathod
    no its not true
    more efficiency is good for process and due to more efficiency cycle not became reversible
    but i think its all depend on all parameters and condition.
  • anu_mech
    anu_mech
    nopes.....
    maximum possible efficiency is reversible efficiency......i mean when the cyle is undergoing idealised reverse process....if the ideal efficiency is X% then u cant go beyond that be it any process...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I have joined this site just a few minutes back.My name is vishnu ,studying in an average college in ernakulam for Btech Electronics and Communication.I am in s4 at...
can anyone guide me for simplified and detailed books for design of machines????
I want to do my final year project. I wish to make an Autonomous Helicopter. Anybody help me to make it and what are requirements.
CEans, Lot of us have the CrazyEngineers T Shirts. I want all of you to share your experience, special moments (if any) that you had while you were in your...
Recuva File Size: 3675 Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera...