Restore mkdir

Screwed mkdir by just logging as root and then typed rmdir mkdir.
Not able to create any new directory, right, but how to restore it back in /bin?
Is there any way?
I reinstalled ubuntu, but there should be some command to restore it back.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't understand.
    Can you please, describe it briefly ?
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't understand.
    Can you please, describe it briefly ?
    See we use mkdir command to create a new directory right and rmdir command for removing the directory.I removed the mkdir command itself from /bin, then how to get it back over there so i can create new directories which was not possible for me after removing the mkdir command i had reinstalled ubuntu back, any way to restore commands back?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    did you try to reinstall the module?

You can surf on linux forum for the package. You can try by updating the repositories. try yum installer or rpm. I m not much into linux but these are easy steps you can take
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# LOL. Nice one ๐Ÿ˜
    Just get mkdir lib file from your friend's ubuntu OS & push it to /bin, then reboot.

However, if none of your friends uses Ubuntu, you have to re-install the OS to get it back.
    It's always better to back-up file with which you're messing with. You're glad you didn't played with Kernel, you might've ended with Kernel panic.
    Anyways, tweaking is fun.
    Don't stop,keep exploring ๐Ÿ‘
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# LOL. Nice one ๐Ÿ˜
    Just get mkdir lib file from your friend's ubuntu OS & push it to /bin, then reboot.

However, if none of your friends uses Ubuntu, you have to re-install the OS to get it back.
    It's always better to back-up file with which you're messing with. You're glad you didn't played with Kernel, you might've ended with Kernel panic.
    Anyways, tweaking is fun.
    Don't stop,keep exploring ๐Ÿ‘
    yes i did it for learning purpose if accidentally required files or directories get removed , so how get them back.
    One of my friend do uses ubuntu but i reinstalled ubuntu
    thanks for the help
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Nayan Goenka
    did you try to reinstall the module?

You can surf on linux forum for the package. You can try by updating the repositories. try yum installer or rpm. I m not much into linux but these are easy steps you can take
    I will look for it thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes it is confirmed that Audi has planned to release its luxury segment car named "A8" in frankfurt autoshow.It was an out and out competition for Audi and Mercedes S...
Yesterday Union Minister Kapil Sibal said " Pre poll predictions has to be stopped as it affects the mind frame of the Voter. There is a claim that the Voters...
There are some studies that show that a messy desk shows that the person is more creative (finding reasons for the mess?). There may be some merit to the findings...
Indian Government has passed the Indian Companies Bill 2013. I thought of jotting down the highlights and 'what you need to know' so that you don't have to go through...
A good news for Developers using OS X- Apple has announced release of OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5. This would be a beta release and will feature a preview...