Resizing Partition In Authentic Way. Possible ?

I have 2 HDs : 1) 320 GB 2) 500 GB
320 GB HD includes OS, I have alloted 220 GB for /home, rest is alloted to / , /boot & Swap.
I need to increase /home by 50-60 GB more but there ain't any space in primary HD.
The secondary HD have 240+ GB of space free. What I wanna know, is there any possible tweak/way with which I can link 50GB space from secondary HD to /home of Primary HD ?
Can both memory of different hardware can be integrated in any possible way ?

Replies

• pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have 2 HDs : 1) 320 GB 2) 500 GB
    320 GB HD includes OS, I have alloted 220 GB for /home, rest is alloted to / , /boot & Swap.
    I need to increase /home by 50-60 GB more but there ain't any space in primary HD.
    The secondary HD have 240+ GB of space free. What I wanna know, is there any possible tweak/way with which I can link 50GB space from secondary HD to /home of Primary HD ?
    Can both memory of different hardware can be integrated in any possible way ?
    Nice question, but I have seen two 500 GB HDDs considered as 1TB in RAID technology
    Check this if helps:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Logical volume manager (LVM) is your answer. It might be a little cumbersome now that you have some data in /home - but worth investment of time for future such expansions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In NAS ( network attached storage), we use CIFS and NFS as the file systems. Why don't we use the common file systems like FAT and NTFS in windows and...
CEans, If anyone of you is facing issues with login / logout not working; or you keep getting logged out abruptly, then please clear all your browser cookies and try...
Google Korea announced Monday about the launch of its second generation Nexus 7 tablet in the South Korean market. The latest Nexus device is up for pre-order on various online...
This is serious, folks! Samsung Galaxy Note III may have 4K video capture facility! According to SamMobile and HankYung (Korean); which have been accurate with their leaks in the past,...
Boeing [NYSE: BA] rolled out the super-efficient 787-9 on August 24th. The company said that the first 787-9 Dreamliner is the latest addition to the 787 family and was rolled...