Residential curved wall with windows framing question

Hello there,

I am a new designer and am currently working on a project for a residential home addition of about 500 sf. The new addition will sit on a slab and will support a roof deck above. The design calls for a quarter round, curved wall at one corner of the new building (the radius is approximately 32"). The roof deck above cantilevers 18" out from the perimeter of the walls that create the curved corner on both sides. The corresponding corner of the roof deck is square. The curved corner has three windows each approximately 16" wide x 50" tall within the quarter radius. There is approximately 18" between the top of the window and the bottom of the roof deck joists.

So my question is: Is there a way to support the deck above the the three windows in the curved corner without structural timber between the windows? The house is a mid century modern, very minimal design and I would like to find a way to hide the support for the deck so that the window frames can be close together and the structural support above them redirected to posts in the walls next to the outside frame of the two outer windows.

I was hoping to add some images of the design but I don't see a way to upload jpg files.

Thanks very much for your help.

Joel

Replies

• Joel Stoffer
    Joel Stoffer
    Found the upload option!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

2014 was the year which made our country ,INDIA under the National Power GRID. This major transformation had many advantages and disadvantages in our national power network.... How it would...
What is the resume format for freshers?How it is different from others?
Amazing talent in such a young girl:
Hey everyone !!! Please suggest some names that I could use for Electronics & Communication Engineering Club that we are planning to start.
dear all , i am btect -ece ,2015 batch passout. i am not getting good job in ec and i dont want to be a network engineer.. i am really...