Research Survey Finds a Strong Pulse of Engineering Worldwide

Quote:
The inaugural IHS Engineering360 “Pulse of Engineering” research survey reveals three key challenges facing engineers and allied professionals almost everywhere in the world: appropriate skill levels and expertise, adequate time to complete projects, and effective communication among design team members, managers and clients. A lack of all three was cited time and again, with each constraint affecting a company’s bottom line and impacting the engineer’s ability to do his or her job effectively.
Survey responses came from more than 2,100 engineers and allied professionals, 49% of them based in the United States. The rest came from around the world, including countries as diverse as India, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, South Africa, China, France and Australia. Some trends uncovered by the research mirror those found in other fields; other trends are specific to engineering.
"The biggest obstacle is the lack of preparation ahead of the project, with a too-quick study of customer pains, needs and desires and a too-weak valuation of the development budget," wrote one respondent to a survey question. Another said that the biggest challenge is to “get the right message communicated to the customer.” And a third summed up the broader organizational challenge by writing “the bigger the group, the slower the progress without a competent leader.”
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Today, engineering entrepreneurs are changing the world at an unprecedented speed. The slight irony is that, in this age of unprecedented technology driven change, in the UK the main...
The attempt to land a robot on a comet by the European Space Agency is not just finding a meagre 4 kilometer rock in the immensity of space but landing...
Germany based holding company T-Mobile has now started offering the Nexus 9 tablet with the LTE facility. By doing so, the company has become the first US carrier to provide...
Short answer: because they are mostly run and governed by the professors who've zilch experience of running a business. Long answer: I see that the latest fashion among almost all...
Guys i have done b.tech in automobile branch and i am going to join a company who is vendor of automobile parts and heavy equipment.i am joining at marketing executive...