Report Bug for New CE Design here

Here you can report bug for new CE design.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Here comes the screen shot
    I am using Samsung galaxy Y- Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread- opera browserSC20140602-123526
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Something wrong with alignment.
    Browser :- Firefox

Bug_1
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Looks good in Google Nexus 7 - Chrome browser
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-12-59-06 Screenshot_2014-06-02-12-59-30
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Here comes the screen shot
    I am using Samsung galaxy Y- Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread- opera browserSC20140602-123526
    Your browser fonts are overpowering the default site fonts. You'll have to tweak your browser settings.

Just noticed that you are using Opera Browser. Could you do a cache refresh?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    White fonts, unable to read in 'Facebook Recommendation'tmp_Screenshot_2014-06-02-13-04-021777193857
    Harshad Italiya
    Looks good in Google Nexus 7 - Chrome browser
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-12-59-06 Screenshot_2014-06-02-12-59-30
    May be we want fellow CEans who use entry range Smartphones.@Abhishek Rawal Is your browsing normal ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - We're thinking of removing the Projects and Downloads tab from user profile. It's not useful; yet occupies space.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    May be we want fellow CEans who use entry range Smartphones.@Abhishek Rawal Is your browsing normal ?
    It's all good in Firefox browser in 4.4.2. I am no longer using Samsung Y, switched to Moto E. At right time ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Blue square part takes some time to get white background when we click on Alerts.

bug_2
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Font color for 'Ratings Received' must be changed.
    tmp_Screenshot_2014-06-02-13-19-17-914442664
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Every time for alerts and messages getting this :

[โ€‹IMG]

Tried on Firefox.

I've to hover over it and wait for sometime, then this is resolved.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Every time for alerts and messages getting this :

[โ€‹IMG]

Tried on Firefox.

I've to hover over it and wait for sometime, then this is resolved.
    Should have been fixed now. Check?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Should have been fixed now. Check?
    Nope.

This happens when I get new alerts or messages...

So, could you just tag me, I can confirm once again?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes it's still there. We're on it.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    New Posts font is sometime appearing in 'White' and yellow background (Makes it very tough to read)

Not able to reproduce though.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Logged on, or to be more precise, tried to log on at 1-30 PM as soon as I was free. Took unconscionably long to load. Other sites loaded at usual speed.

Looks very pleasant and very easy on the eyes. Quite professional and not at all arty or fair and lovely.
    Logged off and logged on. Still slow. Posted my locations for the CE stickers. Surprisingly photos seemed to upload much faster than before. The post also got uploaded fast.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - That's expected. Your browser had to render everything from scratch (all the style elements) and it's slow only for the first 1-3 loads. It should get back to normal as soon as the browsers are done catching the permanent elements.

We're going to test the real world page-loading speeds and make improvements in the coming days.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    No views or like counts visible on the front page
    Screen โ€‹
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That has been done on purpose. We can always view the views in the discussion list.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    while scrolling upward. user profile tab (Top Right Corner position) is not returning to its original position.
    Problem on CE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Does the problem remain even after hitting refresh button? Has this problem just occurred or it's there always?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Does the problem remain even after hitting refresh button? Has this problem just occurred or it's there always?

After refresh click its working fine.
    But the problem is same as we scroll upward once again.

Do we need to click refresh again & again?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not really. Are you using an old version of Chrome? I believe it's got something to do with the browser. Possible for you to try on Firefox on XP?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not really. Are you using an old version of Chrome? I believe it's got something to do with the browser. Possible for you to try on Firefox on XP?
    Version 35.0.1916.114 m

Google Chrome is up to date.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Will have to check then. We don't have an XP machine with us; and couldn't test it on that OS. Can someone with Windows XP test this out?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Will have to check then. We don't have an XP machine with us; and couldn't test it on that OS. Can someone with Windows XP test this out?
    Its working fine with firefox.
    May be some issue with crome.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I think it's Chrome+XP combination. If that's your workplace computer; we can't do much about it. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - That's expected. Your browser had to render everything from scratch (all the style elements) and it's slow only for the first 1-3 loads. It should get back to normal as soon as the browsers are done catching the permanent elements.
    Yes, it did happen that way. In my opinion it is now loading much faster than before.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    When will we get access to #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Since we use Google Fonts to render our sidebar; I'm curious to know how many of CEans are getting a smooth font on Chrome/Firefox on Windows machines. Especially the titles and in the sidebar; I noticed that on slower connection the font totally sucks!

Are you okay with the font in the sidebar?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Since we use Google Fonts to render our sidebar; I'm curious to know how many of CEans are getting a smooth font on Chrome/Firefox on Windows machines. Especially the titles and in the sidebar; I noticed that on slower connection the font totally sucks!

It looks OK in firefox and Chrome
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare

Looks good to me....

PS: Many time my connection lags....slow connection (argghh ๐Ÿ˜›)
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare

Looks good.
    Tested Browsers : Firefox & Chromium
    Tested OS : ArchLinux & Ubuntu
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Don't you think if sidebar is toggled then specially these alert banners should appear one by one :

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - there's no easy fix to it as of now and we'll be doing away with multiple notices anyway. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - there's no easy fix to it as of now and we'll be doing away with multiple notices anyway. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Oh! Not a big problem anyway, only few would actually toggle the bar on a bigger screen, the option isn't there on smaller screen.

So, practically not a big issue, if it's too complex, let it be remain intact. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    RSS Feed Subscription icon is overlapping the text (Title) in #-Link-Snipped-# section.
    12โ€‹
    Is CEom app dead?
    Or waiting for its revival ?
    I tried to access it but it replied with error.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's currently undergoing some treatment. We don't have an eta on the launch; but it should be available in the next few days.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the problem is hard coded width, instead of that you should rather add width in percentage, that will fix
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Engineering Discipline is missing (which use to be below the author's name). Kindly Update #-Link-Snipped-#.

P.S: That's not a bug but couldn't find any other place to report.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've disabled it for the time being. Will be enabled soon.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    3D Holograms Ready To Be Projected From Your Smartphone    CrazyEngineers

Under Comments "First Unread" appearing twice
    after refresh it disappeared
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Vikram S Bargah
    Engineering Discipline is missing (which use to be below the author's name). Kindly Update #-Link-Snipped-#.

P.S: That's not a bug but couldn't find any other place to report.
    #-Link-Snipped-# if possible then please work out on this first as right now if somebody starts a thread regarding final year project suggestion so if we have Engineering discipline mention on profile then we can get idea that this CEan is looking forward to get idea in that particular engineering discipline.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure, I'm on it. We need to fix a bug that prevents ratings being displayed on already rated post.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    I think the font size of the tabs "Oven fresh/Latest update" should be a decreased a bit (May be similar to font size of members online list) as it is creating a 3 row display. that's not looking systematic. Please look into it #-Link-Snipped-# .

issue
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I made a small change to the text. Let me know if it looks okay now.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That looks OK now two row only. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    That looks OK now two row only. ๐Ÿ‘
    Hmm. I don't think it will persist though. Maybe adding separators would do the job. Will see what we can do about it.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Some are still appearing the same.
    No change

Tried on ff & crome both.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vikram S Bargah
    Some are still appearing the same.
    No change

Tried on ff & crome both.
    As I said, we'd have to shrink the cut-off size of the text. I"ll see what's the best possible solution.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Similar formatting need to be done on Total engineers online (look into no of Robots)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has finally unleashed its home grown smartphone operating system into the market by unveiling Samsung Z. According to Samsung, the Samsung Z is the first ever commercially available smartphone...
Apple Worldwide Developer Conference is scheduled today (at night, IST) and it's expected that Apple's going to make a lot of interesting announcements. What we already know is the launch...
Aneesh Reddy is the Co-Founder & CEO of Capillary Technologies. A visionary who believes that advances in technology can lead to significant advances in business value and ROI, Aneesh leads...
Developed by Matt Wiechec, a new iOS app called 'Marco Polo' is here for those of us who forget where we kept out phone and keep searching it. The app...
Spice Mobiles has launched its new Android smartphone, the Spice Stellar 360 on various online shopping websites such as Amazon and Saholic. The Spice Stellar 360 gives customers the best...