Replacement for SMD ICs TND 501

Hi guys, I'm looking for an original TND-501 or a substitute for the same its a spare from the Trace Elliot AH1000 Bass amp.

Replies

• dario
    dario
    Hi, I've got the same problem with ah500-7 head. 2SK3590 n-channel mosfets are shorted and when I tried to replace them, they blow up immediately. I suspect the cause is TND 501, but I can't get datasheet or find an alternative. I'm looking for schematic of the amp too, but until now nobody has it! Please if you solve this problem, help me!!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Can you post a little more like the current readings around the Mosfet?

Is there any readings of voltage and some circuits that you tried out? If so pls post them as only then we can see and find the cause of failure
  • dario
    dario
    Since I found schematic, I've done some measures on circuit. The supply circuit is made in this way: 230Vac -> transformer -> rectifier -> filter caps (Vcaps 110Vdc) -> switching stabilization (half bridge configuration) with setpoint 85-90Vdc. The trouble is in the switching stabilization or in its analog control. I don't know the exact sequence of events that destroy this circuit. A simple solution is: bypass the switching stage, so Vcaps will supply directly the power amp ( a voltage ripple can be tolerated in my opinion ). Obviously mosfets and all part that supply driver have to be removed. This is the faster way since hb driver replacement can't be found!
    Thanks Jeffrey for your interest!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That was great that you solved the issue I think the current input to the driver is beyond critical, But with out the circuit diagram I am helpless in checking that out

But its a pleaure to hear that you have solved the issue on your own
  • Wiggyjnr
    Wiggyjnr
    Hello, I have the same issue with the TND-501 in a Trace Elliot 1215 500w combo. I've managed to fond a circuit diagram (attached as a .pdf). How exactly can I get around this problem without throwing the amplifier away? Jeffrey, your advice would be much appreciated here!
  • Wiggyjnr
    Wiggyjnr
    Hello again, is anybody able to help with this or should I give up and sell it for spares?
  • Radan Malbašić
    Radan Malbašić
    I could be wrong but I'll try TND501 replaced with IR2110S, I have nothing to lose, amplifier is certainly incorrect, and of course I will never buy a Trace Elliot amp.
  • Wiggyjnr
    Wiggyjnr
    Hi Radan

How did you get on with the ir2110s?

Did it work?

Kind regards

Dave

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A few of the tributes currently making the rounds on twitter. 1) "Pratibha Patil to leave Delhi soon for Pune. Via Bali, Tahiti, Honolulu , Vancouver , Miami , St....
Can someone write detailed functioning of the air conditioners? I'd appreciate your responses.
iam a mechanical engg 4th year guy... can any one suggest me a good project in automobile engineering.??
I am student of final year diploma in electronics and telecommunication engineering.I want your help in searching project topics related to my branch.
i heared that java dosen't support multiple inheritance.. is it true.... if so why????