Renault Lodgy Stepway - India's First Crossover MPV Launched

Featuring a shiny new jewel studded front grille, a sporty two-tone bumper, roof rails and anthracite-alloy five-spoke wheels with stylish arch cladding, the all new Renault Lodgy Stepway is ready to roll on the streets in India. The french automaker's subsidiary, Renault India has announced the launch of the new premium MPV variant in the country. There are a lot of remarkable features in the pumped-up car to look forward to. For instance, on the interiors you will find an 8-way adaptable driver's seat, MediaNav system with rear view camera, speed limited & cruise control as well as cabin wide air-conditioning with adjustable vents. Proudly being called 'India's first crossover car in the MPV segment', Stepway variant boasts of ErgoDrive to give the engine an efficient powertrain and effortless handling.

The Renault Lodgy Stepway is powered by a 1.5 litre dCi engine that delivers 110 PS of power and 245 Nm of torque at 1750 RPM. It is mated with a 6-speed transmission and is said to deliver a fuel efficiency of 19.98 kmpl (as per Renault's tests).

Renault-Lodgy-Stepway-India-Launch

renault-lodgy-stepway-interior Jewel-studded-front-grille feature-3.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart Anthracite-wheels.jpg.

On the rider's safety segment, the new MPV features driver & passenger side airbags as well as ABS and EBD with brake assist.

The car is set to arrive in two versions: The Lodgy Stepway RxZ (8-seater) for Rs. 11.99 lakh and the Lodgy Stepway RxZ (7-seater) for Rs. 12.29 lakh (both prices are ex-showroom Delhi). The pricing suggests that the premium MPV is priced at about Rs. 60K higher then the regular trims.

Renault India has had a boost in sales ever since Renault Lodgy was launched in April this year. We recommend reading about is Renault Lodgy - Specs, Mileage And Booking Details Out Ahead of April Launch.

The company also revealed its new television commercial for the Lodgy Stepway yesterday. Watch it here:

What are your thoughts about the features, pricing and looks of the all new Renault Lodgy Stepway? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• msuresh444
    msuresh444
    Have seen this car, its awesome for its size! Looks very trendy when compared to Innova. But Renault should increase its publicity and pick up its sales. I have hardly seen any on the roads.
    Even Honda Mobilio is a good competitor. Its time people should move from Innova I suppose...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree. Honda Mobilio is going to give this one a tough competition. Then there's Datsun GO Plus too. Haven't read any reviews so far though.
  • msuresh444
    msuresh444
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree. Honda Mobilio is going to give this one a tough competition. Then there's Datsun GO Plus too. Haven't read any reviews so far though.
    Datsun GO+ has been banned by Global NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) as it got Zero Stars in its crash-safety test! Even Datsun GO hatch got the worst reviews on its safety. Right now Datsun is working on its body structure. Hope they get cleared for Indian roads.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm interested in web development so tell me should i learn it online or from a institute ? Also tell me should i learn python or java because java is...
Hero MotoCorp India has launched the new iteration of its popular bike. The new 2015 Passion Pro comes in 8 attractive colours & new features. Priced at Rs. 50,050 (ex-Showroom...
Here is an interesting take on single tasking, being in the present, just being: https://itsawowlife.wordpress.com/
Every person has crazy ideas. Ideas that can someday become the next innovative product. Very few however have the resources to make the journey from idea to actual development of...
BitTorrent has launched a new app for Android, iOS and Windows Phone platforms that enables users to send photos and videos across devices for a nominal fee of $1.99. The...