Renault Kwid Release Around Diwali - Expected Price, Photos And More

Entry level segment in India is getting a brand new challenger with Renault Kwid making its grand appearance on the battlefield against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ritz, Hyundai Eon, Datsun Go, Chevrolet Spark among others. The bold looking car is the French car maker's second attempt to make its mark after the poor response to Logan (which was launched in partnership with Mahindra & Mahindra). The company officials have shared that they has strengthened their forces in the Indian R&D department to come up with a car that should attract people by the crowds. Recently, Renault declared that Renault Kwid will be officially launched in the festive season this year (last quarter of 2015) and the expected price will be around Rs. 3-4 Lacs. An official page to share photos and updates about the new car has also been put up and we believe that its the car's looks that will keep automobile enthusiasts hooked to the topic for quite some time.

A rather muscular front end with an interestingly structured grille design of the Kwid gives it a dynamic profile and highlights the Renault logo from a distance. From the photos below, you can notice the front and rear overhangs and a high ground clearance. The headlights bring Renault's new lighting signature with a C-shaped chrome trim to the forefront.

renault-kwid-front
Renault Kwid Front
The Renault Kwid side profile showoff the heavily flared wheel arches. The windscreen sharply draw together as it shapes towards the rear and at the bottom you will notice the plastic cladding. On the rear end, the glass is quite small and towards the logo the rear is bumped forward, immediately followed by an inside curve. Take a look -

renault-kwid-rear-photo
Renault Kwid Rear​

From the pictures, it feels that the Kwid is inspired heavily from Renault Pulse. There's an 7-inch display on the Media-Navigation system (quite big a size for the entry level segment), piano black centre console, fully digital instrumental cluster, power windows, chrome sound and air-conditioning. Take a look -

renault-kwid-interior
Though the company site doesn't reveal any specifications at this point of time, speculations suggest that the Kwid will be powered by an 800cc 3-cylinder engine with five-speed manual transmission and will deliver 50 bhp and 90Nm of torque. There is now word about an Automatic model or a CNG model, though it's highly probable that Renault might be having them under works.

We will find out more as we draw near to the release date which could be around October-November 2015. What are your thoughts and opinions about Renault Kwid specs, pricing and looks? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Today is its launch.

Really amazed with its specs & price range.

Seems to be the new "Valentino Rossi" of Small Segment Car.

I'm 90 % assured that this car is going to strike hard on Maruti Guys!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indians and the Chinese are familiar with the UC Browser. Developed by UCWeb Inc., a Guangzhou, China-based company owned by Alibaba.com, this browser has statistics suggesting that it has...
hi,i'm pradeep recently completed my b.tech in 2015 in ece branch with 70%.now i'm looking forward get training on software testing tools.can u please let me know is a fresher...
In May first week, the largest hypermarket chain in India aka Big Bazaar's CEO Mr. Kishore Biyani declared that as early as next month, they will be launching the Big...
hi , The company which i work for provides its employees a Integrated Learning Program , which is MS in Software Engineering , from BITS Pilani. it's been 8 months...
can any1 help me with deloitte previous years question papers along with answers! i hav got a few question papers from the previous threads but unable to solve a few....