Remembering Mark Twain With A Google Doodle!

The funniest things are the forbidden. Yes, starting this article with one of Mark Twain's quotes is just a way of paying my tribute to him. And I'm not the only one paying tributes to this great humorist and story-teller, there are many like me out there showing there respect in their own style. Google decided to remember him today, on his 176th birthday, by dedicating a doodle combining two of his masterpieces - ‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ and ‘The Huckleberry Finn’. This is perhaps Google's largest doodle till date, with the full width drawing panel being quite ceremonious as compared to some of its late dedications.

[​IMG]

Born on November 30 1835 as Samuel Langhorne Clemens, he used the pen-name Mark Twain to write his stories, which touched our hearts time and again. With his typical way of imparting wit and wisdom convincingly at the same time, he is often regarded as “the first truly American writer.” The literary masterpiece ‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ was created in 1876, and ‘Huckleberry Finn’ followed soon after in 1885. These two novels are the most famous works of this genius.

He has penned 28 books, several short stories, letters and sketches in his lifetime. He is well known for his witty quotes, that mostly were based on the social scenario. His sad demise took place on April 21, 1910 in Redding, Connecticut.

Do check out this Google Video -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today's cars are no more about travelling alone. With the increasing digitization and computerization, Ford vehicles are also getting advanced and giving you an utmost of the travelling experience with...
After almost all companies having their individual turns in the market, now Motorola is out with its 720p HD native resolution display smartphone: Dinara XT928. This model makes use of...
After a successful journey that Facebook has been through the last few years, the founder has acknowledged that it is true that some grave mistakes have been made that compromise...
There goes a proverbial statement somewhat like this- 'Damn, if I'd just been born black, I would not have to go through all this'. This is what Google has been...
Till now we have known hackers only affect our digital life, but a recent flaw discovered by researchers at Columbia University suggests that they can now burn down your house...