Remember Word List For New GRE (Revised)

hey ppl ... i am new to this crazy engineers forum .... i have a query ... if anyone of you can help me and answer my question ... that will be of great help .... my question is - how do i memorize the word list ?? this time the pattern has changed .... antonyms and analogies are not in the scene anymore ... so its all about text completion and sentence equivalence ... will it help - just cramming up the whole barron's word list of 3500 words ... or shall i group the similar meaning words toghether and den memorize them ... using sentences ... ???
HELP MEEE ๐Ÿ˜”
๐Ÿ˜ญ

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi mahimakumar, Welcome to CE. ๐Ÿ˜€

I believe the new GRE is more about application of words and less about memorizing the 'exact' meanings. (which is simple great!)
    Since now you don't have to worry about antonyms and analogies, it would be nice if you can derive the meanings of the words by referring to the context.
    For this, just 'read a lot'. Try to identify the pattern of sentences. When you read any good newspaper, try to make a note of all the difficult words & see if you could make a sense of the paragraph without knowing the actual meaning of those words. Later on, check out those words in the dictionary & see how those words fit in the paragraph.

Of course, you will have to go through the word lists, but try not focus on them a lot. Take as many tests as you can online (even on CE) for text completion & sentence equivalence. All the best. ๐Ÿ‘

Do let us know if you face other problems too.
  • mahimakumar
    mahimakumar
    thanx for the reply
    which books shall i refer for verbal section then ??
    ๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @mahima: You can refer to this thread: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • RamyaP
    RamyaP
    Hi
    I am from a middle class family. Currently I am working in an IT company and my entire family is dependent on me. I am 6 months experienced I have passion to go for MS(I want to speak english like them, be independent like them, explore their culture) and my credits are as follows:
    10th class:85%
    Intermediate:93%
    B.Tech Computer Science:82%

Now, my current package is just 20000+, I am planning to go for MS after an year and I am already learning english(mathematics is not a problem and even analytical and reasoning is not a big hurdle for me...I got 90% above in all the categories of AMCAT exam, though it's entirely different from GRE I just want to portray my levels). I badly want to pursue M.S in a funded university albeit money is the only problem. Please suggest me ways that can help me ravel this confusion, my thoughts and help me with better loan plans and all. And also do let me know about the universities which are nicely funded and located in safer places.

Thanks for your patience..๐Ÿ˜€
    kindly reply me as soon as possible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you check the new Barron's revised 19th edition for new GRE, you won't find the 3500 word list that was on old GRE version. Does that mean you don't...
A lot of people use Kaplan books for GRE preparation. I haven't heard any feedback for those books for the Revised New GRE. If you have bought it, please share...
can the ce genius sitted here suggest me hw to groom myself to be a good computer science engineer...the things i should do and the things i should avoid. m...
Creating animation is one of my hobby...! GoAnimate - Independence Day(obama shock) - Watch animation
Google has declared that it's buying Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Google said it would pay $40 a share in cash for Motorola, a 63 percent premium to the...