Reliance RCom 3G Android Tablet Launched. Priced @ Rs. 13k

Discussion in 'Engineering & Technology News' started by tabs-rock, Aug 9, 2011.

• by tabs-rock, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM
  • Cool news. A query - Does it access the market? I guess Samsung tablet is the only one right now to have market access among all the non-honeycomb tablets.
    I would like to see more pics.

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Engineering & Technology News' started by tabs-rock, Aug 9, 2011.

1. The Big K
    Reliance is a big brand in India. I think it will initially attract the newbie tablet users. However, in the long run, it will have to compete with Samsung and Apple - already bigwigs in the Indian markets. It seems that any product, without strong features and support system is going to find it very difficult to compete.

People want features and great hardware and are willing to shell out money. It's important to note that the Reliance Tablet does not have Honeycomb. Samsung Galaxy Tab original is the one that ran on lower versions of Google Android.

The price might be a great way to attract people's attention. But in the long run, they will have to introduce high quality hardware and software.
  2. Bosedk
    nice to hear that, but it's going to be tough competing with iPad and Galaxy, I'm sure Reliance got a good deal for the tablet, they must have paid around $70-$80 for the tablet and make good profit out of it
  3. Suresh Jayaraju
    yes it has access to the android marketplace
  4. Kaustubh Katdare
    Anil Ambani led Reliance Communications has launched android based 3G tablet in Indian markets, priced at Rs. 13,000. The Reliance 3G Tab is RCom's answer to recently launched Airtel's <a title="Beetel Magiq: AirTel’s Android Tablet Leaked!" href="http://www.crazyengineers.com/beetel-magiq-airtels-android-tablet-leaked-691/" target="_blank">Beetel Branded Magiq</a> tablet. The price of Magiq is Rs. 9k, while Reliance 3G Tablet costs Rs.13k. So, does the price difference of Rs. 4000 really offer RCom Tablet and edge over its competition? Let's find out.

Looking at the tech-specs, the answer seems to be a big 'No'. As quoted by MSN, the tablets specs are very regular. The Reliance tablet has 7" capacitive touch-screen at 800 x 480 pixels resolution. The tablet runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread which isn't quite impressive, given the fact that only Honeycomb is the Android version optimized for the larger screen tablets. The tablet runs on 1GHz processor and has 512 MB onboard memory. The weight of the tablet is 389 gm which makes it a portable tablet. In addition, the tablet has rear 2MP camera and a VGA camera on the front for video calling. Other features include GPS which makes use of Google Maps and 3G for communications. The tablet supports 32GB of external memory via micro SD card. Other features worth noting are Mobile TV, voice dialing and video recording.

[​IMG]
    Reliance 3G Tablet

Reliance has been a leading provider of CDMA technologies across various telecom circles in India. Reliance is offering attractive, discounted data plans with the tablet. The tablet has been launched in metros like Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata and will be available at Reliance outlets. The tablet is expected to roll out in other cities in the next few days.
  5. RCOM Introduces Android Powered Reliance 3G Tab Fo
    [...] at Reliance outlets. The tablet is expected to roll out in other cities in the next few days. Reliance RCom 3G Tablet Price, Tech Specs & Review | Reliance 3G Tablet - CrazyEngineers -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [...]
  6. Hafeez Luqman
    Compare this with MSI ENJOY tablet which is 10" and cost 15,000 .
  7. ATUL malhotra
    I wouldnt  touch with a barge pole any tablet  which runs Gingerbread now  , coz Honeycomb  has been a revelation

Also the GPU and the processor  needs to be clarified  upon a bit , Not  all 1 GHz processors  are good 
  8. ATUL malhotra
    Moreover , I  have  to look at the specs  and features list  very carefully .

This doesnt inspire any confidence  at all

It might be CDMA  OR IT MIGHT JUST BE LOCKED  TO RELIANCE
  9. JohnSmith
    Reliance is a bad history of locking the features in CDMA phones (well, just like Apple, in iPhones). I won't trust Reliance.
  10. Shohag Palta
    I'm not confident about this,as it's a product of zte.
  11. Ivan
    Made in china karmicsoliloquy.blogspot.com
  12. MapMyIndia CarPad Price, Features & Review | MapMy
    [...] could be a great option. There are however other cheaper tablets available in the market from Reliance and Beetel. You might want to have a look at them as well. We look forward to having your feedback [...]
  13. MapMyIndia CarPad – 7? Android Navigation Tablet F
    [...] could be a great option. There are however other cheaper tablets available in the market from Reliance and Beetel. You might want to have a look at them as well. We look forward to having your feedback [...]
  14. Ave – The 7-inch Android 2.3 Tablet Launched – Not
    [...] by Ankita Katdare on November 22, 2011 Following the news of the launch of the Beetel Magiq, Relianch RCom and Cheapest Tablet – Akash For $60  in India, a new tablet has caught attention of the [...]