Reliance Jio Connection Issues - Problems and Solutions

I've been trying the Reliance Jio Mifi device under the unlimited trial that Jio is offering. The connection seemed to be reliable for the past two days. However, it looks like Reliance Jio has connectivity issues - I'm unable to open CrazyEngineers.com portal but can access CrazyEngineers.io

Have tested this problem from two locations - Nagpur and Pune. I thought it'd be a DNS issue and henced tried switching to Fastest DNS available in India. The problem however persists.

I wish to know if others have been facing connectivity issues on Jio? Have you found a fix yet? Share it with our fellow members.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can someone update their jio experience in this discussion?
  • Rtdp
    Rtdp
    I am using jio mifi device since last four days and also facing similar issues. There are certain web domains which it fails to load and it's kinda deal breaker.

I also tried using Google DNS but that is also of no use.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Same problem with me. I am using Jio 4G in Pune with the mifi device. Everything was fine until day before yesterday, when some websites simply refused to load. I checked speed and found that, the upload & download speeds both were really good. Has it got something to do with some of their towers going down? Really confused.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rtdp
    I am using jio mifi device since last four days and also facing similar issues. There are certain web domains which it fails to load and it's kinda deal breaker.

I also tried using Google DNS but that is also of no use.
    I realised that if you put Google DNS, you can't reach out to the device configuration settings. You've to get back to local DNS in order to do so. Of course, there might be a fix; but I haven't explored it yet.

The issue seems to be flip-flopping. The websites that were not accessible yesterday are now working; and new ones seem to be inaccessible (slack, for example).
  • maneeesh
    maneeesh
    yes some sites do not work on jio one day and start working couple of days later and then again stop. not sure what can cause this issue. if you have any solution to resolve this please also let us know.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From my own experience, it looks like JIO is improving their network. After initial hiccups, Jio is performing very well. I haven't tested it with heavy downloads ( 500 MB+) but browsing and YouTube video streaming is painless.

maneeesh
    yes some sites do not work on jio one day and start working couple of days later and then again stop. not sure what can cause this issue. if you have any solution to resolve this please also let us know.
    I think you should experiment with the DNS. Try with Google DNS first and see if it gives you consistent performance. We've a separate discussion on Fastest DNS available in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello sir, i hv done ME mechanical cad/cam in 2016 and hv two years experience of assistant lecturer..After a gap of one year in teaching i m nt getting any...
Quote: By 1918, Charles M. Schwab was one of the richest men in the world. Schwab (oddly enough, no relation to Charles R. Schwab, founder of the Charles Schwab Corporation)...
Growth hackers individuals are money-making machines who think they are unstoppable, and so they become. Time is of the essence if you want to maximize your business’ potential for growth...
After completing his engineering & MBA, Shiv started working in the IT Industry (mostly startups) and learnt the rules of the game. Poised with the challenge of starting something of...
I am a student of final year and I am quite interested in technical stuff. I have many projects and ideas in mind. I want to realise them so that...