Reliance Jio 4G Speed Reviews

I've been hearing from multiple sources that Reliance Jio is about to roll out across multiple cities in India. My primary interest is in knowing how much real life downloading speeds are people getting from their 4G services. The company is already offering a 3 month unlimited Internet access plan and I recently heard that it offers speeds up to 20 Mbps.

Has anyone tried it? Could you share your results with the rest of us? Tell us in which city/location you tested the service and what download / upload speed you received. It will help a lot of our fellow engineers here.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I got Jio sim and here is my result over 2 days.
    With all freebies like Jio movies, Jio Tv, Free calling and tons of data. It worth more than what we expect. They work as expected.
    I am on One Plus 2 and used calling via Jio Voice (VoLTE not enabled in my phone yet.). Call quality was good with Airtel at other end for 20 min without interruption.
    Only first time I got 35 Mbps. Now I am not getting that speed anymore. Seems Reliance is really fishing something there.
    851518930_40850_16145319528949834139
    One thing I notice, If you install all of the app you will get better speed. But their all app look for phone and SMS permission. What the hell👎👎
    851517176_40308_8182191328719789497
    I will see what will be the tariff after welcome offer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..and they're sharing user information to ad agency in Singapore 😐 . Not sure if this is correct. I've the Jio MiFi device and I'm not getting good speeds either - mostly between 8-10 Mbps if I'm lucky or else 2-3 Mbps. The connection halts abruptly.

I had a chat with a Jio official here and was told that they're facing issues because of the massive rush. I can't believe Jio wasn't prepared for such situation. When you offer something for free; you've got to expect massive rush!

Anyway, let's see if their service improves.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had a chat with a Jio official here and was told that they're facing issues because of the massive rush. I can't believe Jio wasn't prepared for such situation.
    And.. news is they are not able to reach targeted goal.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We design may of our remote sites with lots of redundancy and think of many failure scenarios that we can recover from with minimal impact. Today, one of the sites...
If your lightening cable is showing signs of buldging near the connector shroud, please consider this image of a cable that I found one morning. I recommend disposing of it...
Name: Chandan Kumar Gupta Engineering Trade: Electronics and Communications + MBA in IT Location: Pune Occupation: Working Work Experience: 5+ years Hobbies & Interests: Movies, Badminton Aim in life: To...
Hi all .my college is conducting tech fest 'DYUTHI' between sep 3-5 .As a preliminary step the ECE department to which i belong is conducting a promo known as quintessence.We...
Before diving straight into this subject, let me outline what PLM basically is, and what scope it offers. What is PLM? Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is an information-driven process of...