Regrowth of Human body Parts

Abstract: Study of Lizard DNA and their ability to regrow their tail again & as there is some human part that also regrow like hair and nails, study of the amino acids & proteins that are responsible for the growth.
The exact mechanism of how these animals can regenerate is not currently well understood. One of the most unique aspects of regeneration in urodeles that has been well documented is that they regenerate by dedifferentiating their cells at the amputation site. Dedifferentiation is a process by which specialized cells regress to a more basic entify stem cells in these organisms. This may be one of the most important facets of studying regeneration in these animals because they provide a completely different approach to tissue regeneration than that offered by stem cells. This is not to say that stem cells are not necessary to the process, however, because the cellular dedifferentiation process in urodeles is often presented as a means to locally generate pluripotent cells (perhaps stem cells or cells very similar to them). The presence of a number of nerves is also important for the regeneration process, as well as the formation of a wound epidermis over the wounded site. If a limb is denervated at the onset of the process, it will not regenerate. Nerves may be responsible for the release of growth factors or chemotactic agents necessary for the regenerative process.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please avoid copy-pasting from other websites.
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    sir may be it is copy paste but it is useful for some of us right ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Then why not just put a link to it?
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    yes correct sir then we can get the whole information , sorry for asking .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As far as I am aware lizards drop their tail as an escape ploy. The dropped off tail jumps around quite a bit distracting the attacker (usually a cat), which goes after the tail while the lizard escapes. Well not always. I have seen this happen many times in my grand father's old house, which had lots of lizards and cats. One sprightly cat used to eat the tail and get the owner as well!
    To get back on track. I have never seen the tail grow back fully as the original.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    To get back on track. I have never seen the tail grow back fully as the original.
    Obviously you won't. Because for that you will have to keep a lizard sans its tail in captivity and observe its tail growth on a daily basis, and also ensure that it stays alive and healthy.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have done precisely that. The tail grows a bit . Not fully like the original.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    I have done precisely that. The tail grows a bit . Not fully like the original.
    how long did the lizard survive in captivity ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It was a house lizard. I never kill anything if I can help it. This fellow discarded his tail because it got stuck in the door jamb. It continued in its usual haunt. So I could watch it. It was not in captivity. We were sort of cotenants in the same house. This was very long back and I do not remember actual periods as it was not an experiment. I was just a witness.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my seminar is about low frequency transmission.would you explain its advantages over high transmission
i am a final year electrical diploma student.can you please suggest some ideas for my main project?
Name:Guru Engineering Trade:Computer Science Location: Jalandhar Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Drawing Sketches,surfing or listening music Sports: Cricket,Volleyball,Table-Tennis,Badminton I joined CrazyEngineers because: !!!!COz i aM a CraaaAzyyyY EngiNeeeErrR!!!!
hello, i am final year mechanical engineering student from mumbai university,i am here to gain and share very lil knowledge i possess.
I have searched lot from net but there is no such information about apple name..........please tell me ....