Regarding Pile Foundation Spacing

Greetings!

I have small confusion with IS 2911 (Part 1/ Section 2). I have attached the screen shot of spacing of pile part which I read in IS 2911. Actually the code says for end bearing pile we need to provide minimum spacing of 2.5 times the diameter of the pile and for frictional pile we should not provide less than 3 times the diameter of the shaft. The consultant designed all the piles as frictional piles ( two different pile diameter ) for the new project but spacing for each pile was 2.5 times the diameter. When I enquired about it, he said it is because N value is greater than 100 so we have taken it as 2.5 times. But in code the spacing of piles is not linked with N value.

When I enquired another consultant, he told me if pile group is combination of end-bearing and frictional then we take 2.5 times. So I'm bit confused. I require clarification in this. So please kindly share your opinions regarding this. Thank you

With Regards

Ajith Karunanithi

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I got 75% in btech. But my college was not good enough to give us placement. So in order to get job in wch sector should i go ....... I...
Generally known for its back to back launches of budget phones, Micromax seems to be on a new spree now. Until recently, Micromax had only few laptops under their name....
India is ready to experience the exhilarating view as the first ever Land Rover with the SVR badge goes accelerates from 0 to 100 km per hour in just 4.7...
Last month, Mark Zuckerberg was asked if and when Facebook will bring the ‘dislike’ button and he had said that they are working on ‘something’. Well, that ‘something’ is here...