Recommend a free Backup Utility for Windows

CEans,

Please help me choose a backup utility. Requirements are as below -
  • Should be Free 😁
  • Should support Windows Vista
  • Should allow me to choose individual folders to backup
I'm not happy with the backup program that comes with the Vista system.

Thanks!

-The Big K-

Replies

• no_atkt
    no_atkt
    There is nothing good enough (dont know any) that will pass the first hurdle of being free ..... but then again everything on the internet can be found for free .... if u know where to look for 😉

IMHO vista's backup is decent ...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no_atkt
    There is nothing good enough (dont know any) that will pass the first hurdle of being free ..... but then again everything on the internet can be found for free .... if u know where to look for 😉

IMHO vista's backup is decent ...
    I didn't spend much time with Vista's backup utility. Does it allow me to specify folders which I want to backup?

I tried it only once & it asks for me a complete system backup or the types of files that I want to backup.

-The Big K-
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    u can try 1 thing ... when setting up the backup put all the files u want in the documents folder and music in music and so on.... i think that should it ... coz u have the option of selecting categories such as videos, pictures etc while setting up your backup

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i want to input 8 bits to EPP port. I have tried using 74HC244, 74LS244, 74LS245 as buffers but then also i am observing problem of overloading. If I...
A lot has been said but nothing much has been done about this topic. I know this is not one of those interesting topics on which anyone and everyone has...
Hyderabad has the prime importance in the educational field among the cities in southern India. This city has two Central Universities, six State Universities, and two Deemed universities. The Osmania...
I have downloaded folder lock 5.2.0.6 and had locked a folder. But the problem being that the locked item is not displayed in the locked folders list. it still shows...
Hyderabad: The Class of 2007 of the premier Indian School of Business (ISB) has attracted record salaries; with the top international offer being $269,000 (Rs.11.8 million) against the highest domestic...