Receiving SMS in a computer.

Hello my dear CEans,
I am currently doing a project where I need to receive an SMS in a computer to which a mobile phone is connected through data cable.
I tried some softwares like wammu which allow me read SMSes from the computer. But I need a way to inform the computer that a new SMS has arrived( when it arrives) and then I have to read the SMS to interpret the contents......
Please suggest me a way to do it.......................
plsssssssssssssssssssssss....................

Replies

• bhargava
    bhargava
    somebody please help me..................
  • bhargava
    bhargava
    Okay..I think it was the wrong place to post my question....Pls tell me the right place to post this question atleast....
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I wish could I know, I'm working on knowing how this works

If I get any results I'll post here & you too do, please.
  • bhargava
    bhargava
    yea sure...
  • muhammad.irfana
    muhammad.irfana
    MaRo
    I wish could I know, I'm working on knowing how this works

If I get any results I'll post here & you too do, please.

You should have mentioned what mobile phone are you using, is it java based or symbian based, If it is a java based then i would seggest you to write a program in J2ME which reads new sms alert in your phone and sends its text to your PC, and obviously you need some sort of program which will receive the sms text and stores it or displays it.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    muhammad.irfana
    You should have mentioned what mobile phone are you using, is it java based or symbian based, If it is a java based then i would seggest you to write a program in J2ME which reads new sms alert in your phone and sends its text to your PC, and obviously you need some sort of program which will receive the sms text and stores it or displays it.
    Yes, this is a very good one, but I meant directly to computer or in another words SMS server, computer that sends and receive SMS.
  • muhammad.irfana
    muhammad.irfana
    MaRo
    Yes, this is a very good one, but I meant directly to computer or in another words SMS server, computer that sends and receive SMS.

The Now SMS/MMS Gateway requires a connection to an SMSC (Short Messaging Service Centre) to interface with SMS and MMS networks.
    Try this URL #-Link-Snipped-#
  • edesign
    edesign
    Hi...

You can send/receive sms (pc/mobile) using AT commands and hyperterminal of yr pc..For most of the mobile phones AT commands are available on net..

Regards

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans! Did you notice? We crossed 7k members count ! Congratulations everyone! Keep spreading the word & enjoy! 😁 Guess its high time that we organize a CrazyEngineers meet, what...
Hey All !! I am a Final year Student doing my computer science degree. i need a mini project title to work on in any of the following. HTML &...
hi i m a 2nd yr mechanical engineering student and want to go in automobile industry so can any one give me the information about the scope in this field...
CrazyEngineers Quick Start Guide ...beta, as usual. ​ First of all, welcome to the wonderful world of CrazyEngineers. The Great CE Quick Start Guide will make your transformation from an...
Can any one give me some project topics in c,c++ for Final Semester in Masters in computer scoence. (MSC(comp. sci)) ... i need as soon as possible....