Reason for the shape

is there any specific reason behind the shape of a resistor?.....
and why a load in a circuit is simply replaced by a load resistance?.....

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    They come in all shapes and sizes.
    Resistors, They come in all Shapes and Sizes

In DC circuits Capacitors or inductors have very little role except to modify any AC component or to provide transient variable parameters.
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    A.V.Ramani
    They come in all shapes and sizes.
    Resistors, They come in all Shapes and Sizes

In DC circuits Capacitors or inductors have very little role except to modify any AC component or to provide transient variable parameters.
    sir..
    what the symbol of a resistor implies?...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Load is generally replaced by a Resistor only to simplify Computation.

We all know resistors have a linear response to voltage variation. And there are no Transients in an Resistive Circuits. So we use R load for ease of analysis

Further if we plan to study a circuit we go for other types of loads and the effect of transients etc.
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    Sufficient Grace
    is there any specific reason behind the shape of a resistor?.....
    and why a load in a circuit is simply replaced by a load resistance?.....
    Like many electronic components, resistors come in a variety of shapes, sizes, capacities and types. However, all resistors are not created equal. Each type of resistor has significant differences in typical value for resistor noise, tolerances, wattage rating, temperature coefficient, frecuency response, size and reliability.
    These differences bring advantages and limitations making some resistors ideal in some applications.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I think the shape of the resistor in question is about the Zig Zag line we use in Schematics and other paper drawings for circuits
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    I thought we are talking about physical shape. Electrical shematic is just a graphical representation of interconnections among components of a system. The symbol shown at a given shematic will determine the type of resistor.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sufficient Grace
    sir..
    what the symbol of a resistor implies?...
    Initially resistors were made using wires wound in a coil usually over an insulating ceramic material. A schematic representation of an open coil is a zigzag pattern. This has become common in most representations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking for a mother board that can handle the following spec. Must support 4th Gen ix processors PCIe 3.0 x16 slots atleast 2 PCIe 2.0 x1 slots atleast...
Quote: Innovations in water treatment are driven by population growth, industrial water use, and the environment. So says George Barclay of Dow Water & Process Solutions in a Water Technology...
Today CEan @mahesh_dahale is celebrating his birthday. Wishing you a many many happy returns of the day. 🎉
SIr, i am competing the bca with first class,after that take gap in education.& now i am taking the admision for mca, so please give me the guidence for next...
Before any other concept, the first thing you need to be cleared is with ARCHITECTURE of the database. under database administration there are many concepts which need to be discussed...