Realization: Sarcasm At Its Best

Yesterday, when the time had just settled at the fattest pointer of our college wall clock, I saw a pack of students in formals talking about their aptitude test, worried, petrified by the charm of "placements" chant and probably some of them have shot a bewildered gaze towards the groups of juniors coming out from the college gates. I stopped, took a little time to take a deep breath and found myself at the top of a "guilt mountain" which probably shadowed the rest of the world and took me somewhere else, I was unaware of. Where am I? That's the first question I asked myself. I remembered, in our college group mail there was a mail flashing regarding a well known company's arrival. It promised to take many students in its jet after all. However, it was just for some selected departments and making me happy, my department was not in them.

I knew, after all I have crossed the 3 golden years of my life and now this is the time to be a part of the placement ruckus. I felt dejected, I... I wanted to cry out loud, run away somewhere where people do not bother to work all day and night just for the sake of money and fame. No wait, I was probably entangled in my own world. Without money, one can't survive and for that by any means, one needs to chain himself up with a spinning wheel. It makes me mad, it makes me sad to see myself getting in the giant whirlpool of people fighting to get his share. I can't, I am not made for this.

Shitala, my neighbor is in 3rd year of her college life. She will soon graduate with an honors degree in English literature. Her mother told her to talk to me and find out what will be the best job category for her. I sighed, I told her about my prosoective idea of opening a xerox shop in our main campus and rejuvenating our canteen. I told her how it can help me save time to pursue my research and also give me food and enough profit to live the rest of my life. Unfortunately, her mother thought I mocked her. She came and rebuked me for filling her ears up with jabbers. And in the process, I failed again.

Writing complete 3 paragraphs of nothing actually adds something to the void fitted in my chest. Honestly, I need a psychiatrist, I need a person to train me how to face those skilled eyes of big companies. But at the core of my heart, I am extremely annoyed with the life I have already lived and the surroundings. Things run in a different way. Yes, I couldnt be a good engineer but I am human. I know I can make profit out of a xerox shop. I know one day my research and projects will pay me more than "money". I LOVE writing as a VoiCE blogger. Still, for the sake of policies, friends, parents, day and night I would probably do the same which I hate the most now. I will eat my own brain, my own stomach to run the way they will train me, groom me and stuff me with their experiences. I will die once again and probably never get resurrected like Jesus. After all, people knew him, I am all alone, like the other soul begging for a paisa in the Lenin Sarani's crossing, like the bereaved father of that broken church who is taking his last breath in the name of his God , like that poor chicken getting ready for his turn to be cut in halves for his meal. Yes, I am the biggest loser.

#a heartbroken ramble

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Debasmita Banerjee
    I sighed, I told her about my prosoective idea of opening a xerox shop in our main campus and rejuvenating our canteen.
    That sounds like a plan to me. Why not do that? No need to feel dejected. Every one is free in this world to dream and work towards whatever they want to achieve.
    Many engineers are bogged down by societal norms. They don't want to follow the trodden path and I think that's completely fine as long as you know where you want go.

I was just reminded of this interview we did. Check:
    Gullu's Kitchen Founder Gulshan Iyer Rejected TCS Offer To Start Quick Service Restaurant
    You are right when you say you can make money by opening a photo-copying center and a canteen. Keep innovating and in no time you could make those things popular.
  • Amit Jha
    Amit Jha
    Hey #-Link-Snipped-#
    The xerox shop one is my idea. Nicely written though. Many students faces the same fate.😖
    😡
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Amit Kumar Jha
    Hey #-Link-Snipped-#
    The xerox shop one is my idea. Nicely written though. Many students faces the same fate.😖
    😡
    Nope!! the Shitala incident has happened much before I told you about any of these. #-Link-Snipped-# is probably the first person who has agreed that we can also live in this world. We are no trash. ☕
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Nope!! the Shitala incident has happened much before I told you about any of these. #-Link-Snipped-# is probably the first person who has agreed that we can also live in this world. We are no trash. ☕
    You don't need validation from anyone on this planet. Be yourself & chase your dreams.

Read: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The globally renowned TV manufacturers and Alcatel’s parent company, Chinese brand TCL has recently entered the Indian consumer electronics market to set its own path to a successful venture consisting...
(Sent by Shivakumar, my relative) An interesting historical reason for the name:
Quote: This week’s Thursday video comes from Georgia Tech, where researchers have created what they say is the world’s most efficient walking humanoid. Endquote Video of the week: World’s most...
Hi I have been working on asp.net around 2 years. Now A mobile app project is assigned to me. that project is cross platform Mobile app(Meteor Framework). here, I am...
Electronics and communication engineering has wider applications in our life. Even though we use optical fiber cables for communication purposes.Why does mixing of conversations occur during usage of telephone?