Radiations approaching lethal levels!

Hey we use too many wireless gadgets now a days and the amount of Radio waves and other micro wave radiation density is really a growing threat to humans

If I am joking Then just do a case study

Stand on your roof top and try to count the number of sparrows you see there

If this continues to go higher will humans also become rarer in this world

Replies

• Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    Conqueror
    Hey we use too many wireless gadgets now a days and the amount of Radio waves and other micro wave radiation density is really a growing threat to humans

If I am joking Then just do a case study

If this continues to go higher will humans also become rarer in this world
    There are many thing before these harmful radiation which may cause extinct of human.
    People are habitual of comfort and adopt those thing which will comfort them.

From past country is organizing different programs to save nature . Only 1000 people listen,100 people understand and 10 appreciate and 1 people move step for development.

If we talk about harmful radiation ,then still majority of people are unaware of it.there is no matter of discussion who listen,who appreciate n who move step.

People working in power plant suffer every year bcz of this.now common people are bcz of devices cellphone,laptop and microwave in kitchen.

According to 10 year study of WHO(world health organization),long term use of cellphone cause brain cancer and tumor.

"But if people will stop using cellphone ,they might suffer from heart problem".

Its basic need,and they are ready to take risk .
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Apurwa.Thakur
    According to 10 year study of WHO(world health organization),long term use of cellphone cause brain cancer and tumor.
    Can you provide us with the source link to the study?
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    ash
    Can you provide us with the source link to the study?

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Is these links useful?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I agree to your point Abhishek
    .But Do you think we can stop the use of phones or any other dangerous waves emitting devices.Yes recent research is on "How to minimise the radiation" and many tight regulations has been sorted out but still the money maker wont compromise is loss for saving humans.Then how can we expect them to save sparrows or any kind of bird.We engineers are the cause and we are the solution.
    Every company and manufacturer should introduce a product after a number of tests.
    But still we lack patience and go for a bad quality.
    You may argue about the steps taken like SAR certification,etc But we cant be sure about the reliability of the product and quality.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Conqueror
    That has a different reason altogether. The freshly hatched sparrow chicks have to be fed a particular insect, which has been wiped out both by pesticides and large scale building operations. In the 80s we could see hundreds of sparrows at every railway station and garden in Bangalore. I do not see even one in the city. Thankfully there are flocks of them in the airport. They home right in even at the departure gates. Non ionizing radiation is not too bad. We have been immersed in that for very long. The only issue is that we are directly receiving a little more through cell phones.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Conqueror
    ... the amount of Radio waves and other micro wave radiation density is really a growing threat to humans. ... If this continues to go higher will humans also become rarer in this world
    I don't buy into hysteria. The cited WHO report says (emphasis added):
    To date, research does not suggest any consistent evidence of adverse health effects from exposure to radiofrequency fields at levels below those that cause tissue heating. Further, research has not been able to provide support for a causal relationship between exposure to electromagnetic fields and self-reported symptoms, or “electromagnetic hypersensitivity”.
    Never the less, I'll confess that I've always felt a little uneasy knowing that some cell phones use 1.9GHz and now even 2.1GHz (and the report mentioned 2.7GHz). These seem uncomfortably close to the 2.45GHz that microwave ovens find ideal for cooking.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    KenJackson
    These seem uncomfortably close to the 2.45GHz that microwave ovens find ideal for cooking.
    2.45GHz is the natural vibration frequency for the water molecule, which is why it completely absorbs this and heats up. Frequency even a little off will not be absorbed much. In any case the effect of that is to only warm the water.
    1W of 2.45GHz energy delivered to the tissue will raise the temperature of 1 gm of tissue by a little more than 1 degF in an hour. Not too significant perhaps.
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    A.V.Ramani
    1W of 2.45GHz energy delivered to the tissue will raise the temperature of 1 gm of tissue by a little more than 1 degF in an hour. Not too significant perhaps.

You may be telling about one time absorption of radiation by body which have no significance. but what about continuous use of cellphone?
    One time tobacco is also not too bad but why whole world is advertising it effects.
    Person use cellphone more than tobacco.now think how much it is affecting tissues.😔
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Apurwa.Thakur
    You may be telling about one time absorption of radiation by body which have no significance. but what about continuous use of cellphone?
    One time tobacco is also not too bad but why whole world is advertising it effects.
    Person use cellphone more than tobacco.now think how much it is affecting tissues.😔
    I am an authority on tobacco addiction. I used to smoke 200 a day for ten years. Gave up totally in 1967 and never smoked another afterwards.

All I am talking about above is the behaviour of water molecules towards 2.45 GHz radiation. Homeostasis can easily handle the warming due to the small wattage delivered to the tissue. DNA damage is not likely with non ionizing radiation. I have worked a lot with Gamma Radiation for sterilization of biomedical devices. I even set up the first unit in South India for this. We did study the radiolysis of proteins under Gamma Radiation, which does happen.

Nothing like that happens with food cooked in a microwave oven. No protein damage. Only heat damage. We call it cooking though(!).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

pls, let me know how to control owi robotic arm i.e the dc motors inside it. i m trying to control them using l293d motor driver, but it wasnt running....
Yesterday, a news popped out saying India will be overtaking US on number of developers . I don't know why, but I am not at all proud of the news....
I am using a 60Hz EEG Acquisition device which was imported from the US. I am an Indian and the AC power frequency here is 50Hz. The device is called...
Instagram has introduced the ability to embed photos and videos, in what seems to be a move to keep up with rival Vine. Vine is a mobile app owned by...
In my early engineering days I used to be an avid follower of Roy Doty, who used to run the Wordless Workshop feature. At 90 he seems to be still...