Question on power factor improvement by using phase advancer

This article is given in power system book by V.K.Mehta please read this and answer my question:
PHASE ADVANCER:phase advancers are used to improve the power factor of induction motors.The low power factor of an induction motor is due to the fact that its stator winding draws exciting current which lags behind the supply voltage by 90 degree.If the exciting ampere turns can be provided from some other A.C. source,then the stator winding will be relieved of exciting current and the power factor of the motor can be improved.This job is accomplished by the phase advancer which is simply an A.C exciter.The phase advancer is mounted on the shaft as the main motor and is connected in the rotor circuit of the motor. It provides exciting ampere turns to the rotor circuit at slip frequency.By providing more ampere turns than required,the induction motor can be made to operate on leading power factor like an over-excited synchronous motor.

My question is what is this A.C. exciter is? and from where it is supplied power

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Dear friend, kindly view this post and ask if there is any doubt.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you.
  • Rakeshkumarrout
    Rakeshkumarrout
    I have already read this,please kindly you read my question and all the text given by me carefully and then give the answer
  • Rakeshkumarrout
    Rakeshkumarrout
    I have already read this,please kindly you read my question and all the text given by me carefully and then give the answer ​
  • freak16
    freak16
    Ac exciter is ac synchronous motor only which exclusively used for power factor correction devices. For power factor correction it is generally used in overexcited mode.
  • Mohammed Alrikabi
    Mohammed Alrikabi
    Plz can help me by showing me the circuit diagram for the phase advancer?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

karma (n): Good or bad emanations from someone or something This is different from the Hindu or Buddhist belief, that a person's actions in life determine his or her fate...
A train 1.2 miles long is travelling 40 miles per hour on a track parallel to a highway. If a car is travelling 60 miles per hour in the same...
how can we transfer data from one system to another with the help of virtual router?please explain?
I wan't to know that why the tough words are given at last to verify during filling any form on the internet ? Is this is given to prevent from...
I have a question in my mind from a long days. So today i am going to ask this. When we makes a partition and at first if we loads...