Python language is not taught in college

Nowadays python is widely demanded language. Python language experts gets salary started from 40000rs then why the collages in India starts and gives the priority to C and C++ language and teaches neligible about python............

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    The reason is that as a student you need to first get your basics right. For this, you need to write codes for even the basic operations in order to understand the language, its constructs, their usage, limitations etc. and to build an efficient program.

Python, on the other hand, is a high level language in a sense that there are lot of pre-compiled libraries available to be used without getting into their details. So, if you are just using pre-compiled codes, you will never learn a language properly. Remember, understanding a language and building an application are two different things.

Therefore, emphasis is laid on implementation of basic operations like sorting, searching, dynamic lists arrays etc. Once you know the basics, you can always change gears to build your own application. This is C/C++ are given a priority over Python and Java.
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Simply put, it is always beneficial to learn something the hard way first rather than starting in an easy manner. C, C++ or Java are essential for building basics. Python is comparatively easier language to code semantically. Consider the following analogy -
    analogy

For example a simple program to print "hello world" :
    In Java -
    public class HelloWorld {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
    System.out.println("Hello, World");
    }
    }

In Python -
    print "Hello, World"

As is clear, python seems more simpler than Java. That is why primarily Python is not taught as a firsthand language in schools. Hope this helps 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How is javatpoint.com to learn java....?? or should I use some other website??...
my name is Pradnya Shivsharan. currently I'm pursuing B.tech in Electrical Engineering fromm VJTI, Mumbai. fields of interest- artificial intelligence, drives and controls, signal processing, mechatronics and traction
How should I study for CDAC ccee end exam..
i am studying 3rd year mechanical and i have a mini project in next semester actually my idea is to create a effective usage to the environment so can you...
HELLO ,everyone i wanted to know how to register for the walk ins for tcs.and about the placements in tcs too