Pune Based Sterlite Technologies To Test 1050 Tbps Data Transmission

Sterlite Technologies, India's only fully integrated Optical Fiber manufacturer and also one of the largest exporters to a major chunk of Asia and Europe, has single handedly delivered nearly 40% of India’s fibre network. Along side optical fibers, the company produces telecom cables as well as power transmission conductors. Giving a major boost to its research & development centre, the company has announced they have developed the technology that could test data transmission as fast as 1050 tera bytes per second (tbps) over long-haul networks. Headquartered in Pune, Sterlite Technologies has opened a new R&D centre at Aurangabad and research work related to fibre-optic broadband technologies is going on there in full swing.

By developing an ecosystem to test 1050 Tbps data transmission, Sterlite officials believe that they will be able to support at least 100 Mbps in access networks at the user-end. The results of their research work has also led to developing bend in-sensitive fibre that reduces transmission losses substantially.

sterlite-technologies-1050-tbps-data-transmission

Even though the best data broadband speed in India is currently at around 0.5 Mbps, Former President, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, who inaugurated the research facility of Sterlite Technologies shared that he wants the target to be able to transmit 256 Tbps per fibre. The company has also tied up with IIT Madras and IIT Kanpur for collaborative research work in the field of ultra-high speed broadband.

If you are a startup dealing with innovative broadband deployment technologies, this is surely some great news. What are your thoughts about that? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    first thing came in my mind is filling my 1 tb harddisk in less than a second😁, that's awesome😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I read something about the pressure of air in combustion chamber during intake in an engine. For natural aspirated engines it is about 1-1.2 bar. For turbo and super charged...
plz check d following code 😔 [sookie] dropdown.jsp <%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>