Pros and Cons of being a Freelancer

I am working as a freelancer since last 3 years and today I was just thinking why don't everyone having years of experience in Industry opt for being a freelancer after some time as there is more money because for same work when I was getting roughly 50 k per month now I am getting 3 times more for same work, there is no boss, no coworkers to deal with , own hours means you can work anytime you want

Now there are few cons that I have observed

You have no social life, I don't have many friends only few even to whom i don't get much time to spend with (not sure if I need to improve my time management skills or where I am lacking).

Clients can ping you anytime even during night time as most of the clients are from pacific time zone (in my case)

So I am both happy and sad, financially I am strong but socially I am weak again a question is what is more important for someone money or social life

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not only for freelancers, but most of the entrepreneurs will go through the same. Social life takes a hit when you're busy building your venture. When I was in college and also when I worked for a company, I'd never have time to get bored. Was always with friends and enjoyed every bit of it.

Most of the entrepreneurs stay motivated by reminding themselves of this: -

32c7fd6f480441d5de85802e86c27626

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that it will happen ๐Ÿ˜ .

But that said, if one could master the art of delegation; life becomes easier. I keep reminding myself: "A busy man has time for everything".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Not getting too emotional, statistically, WHO factsheet says 14 million new cases and 8.2 million cancer deaths occurred in the year 2012 which with a little speculation becomes someone from...
Panasonic has unveiled new smartphone- Eluga Tapp in the country priced at INR 8990. The device in the budget category offers a 5-inch full-HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS display...
Biocompatible fibers are no longer a myth. Thanks to the efforts of MIT and Harvard Medical School researchers, who have developed a biocompatible fiber, which will soon be helping in...
Hello everyone.. I wanted to know the components inside a practical impedance analyzer although I'm familiar with its working and how we use A.C voltage excitation signal to check current...
1. Who invented this device? Correct Answer: Evangelista Torricell Explanation: The image is that of a barometer. 2. What do these 4 hints relate to the most? Correct Answer: Trans-Siberian...