Project on Music Signal Processing

Hey Can you please suggest us some good project in the domain of music signal processing which have real time applications?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mansoor.aiesec
    Hey Can you please suggest us some good project in the domain of music signal processing which have real time applications?
    I had suggested this simple project long time ago and it looks like it's yet to be done - Final year computer science engineering project idea: Musical Notes Plotter . The idea is to process music from any instrument and create staff notations.

If you can process the audio signal and identify frequencies; you should be able to implement it. Does it look interesting to you?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had suggested this simple project long time ago and it looks like it's yet to be done - Final year computer science engineering project idea: Musical Notes Plotter . The idea is to process music from any instrument and create staff notations.

If you can process the audio signal and identify frequencies; you should be able to implement it. Does it look interesting to you?
    Something like this?
    Slow Down, Loop & Transcribe Music Easily with TwelveKeys
  • mansoor.aiesec
    mansoor.aiesec
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hello! It does look interesting to me! I have been working in this area of music signal processing of Acoustic analysis of Sitar and developing algorithms for pitch and tonal quality analysis of Sitar. So what you suggest is real time interactive midi plotter from any instrument input right? As in take the input signal as audio file and convert it to midi instantly or something like that? Please reply. Also it would be great if you could suggest us projects in the area of designing of concept midi controllers. Thanks. Let us know.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Something like this?
    Slow Down, Loop & Transcribe Music Easily with TwelveKeys
    Yeah! Thanks for the link.

#-Link-Snipped-# - You can extend on the basic idea any way you want. I think #-Link-Snipped-# might be able to help you out with ideas about electronics part of it. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The NSA and governments that want know everything about you might just love this latest invention by the researchers at Stanford University and defense research firm Rafael. The researchers have...
Life of engineers is an all time best topic for making people laugh on stage and real life. Though the comedian here targets IITians, the video will appeal to every...
I am about to expand my hosting business and I need some beta testers. If anyone is interested in testing web hosting service, let me know ;-) You need a...
The researchers from École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and Haute Ecole Arc Institutes have participated in the development of a single-use contact lenses for the early detection of glaucoma....
Mahindra Two Wheelers India has launched a new ride for the Indian roads with Mahindra Rodeo UZO 125. Priced at Rs. 47,957 - the new top-end two wheeler packs inside...