Project on aanganwadi and baby vaccination

hello frnds..
I'm thinking to take this topic as my final year project (inn java technology)where info related to aanganwadi will be stored like how many children come, gender, age group, food provided etc. including the info of pregnant lady of that particular area, infant children, and all the schedule of vaccination of each child.

hows the idea??
ant pros/cons???
need yours precious suggestion to go ahead....
thanks

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    Can elaborate more on the application please
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    hmm.. like info of all the criteria I mentioned above will be stored on a database daily....
    so that analysis would be very easy for govt on different criteria.
    by having detail of all the pregnant lady of a particular area it would be easy to provide them proper guidance regarding baby care... and as we'll be having detail of all the infant children we can provide them proper vaccination on proper time so the baby stay healthy and could be saved from diff. diseases which are possible.
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# plz help and suugest something
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I like that you're thinking on your own and have decided on the topic. Think of the project as a 'service' and decide on the feature set. I'd not think about advantages/disadvantages for an engineering project. Just go ahead and start building the project. There's no point in waiting for others to validate your idea. All the best.

PS: Thread moved to project ideas section.
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    OK thanks...
    after some research work, i'll start working on development of the project.
    one more thing, i'm also inspired by the concept of this website where anyone can start or participate in discussion, freely share their views.
    There are many important issues related to our society(local, national and international) so can we develop a platform like crazyengineers.com where people(mainly youth and intellectual person of the society) can share their views on a particular topic. once we have a good stuff then we'll handover it to MP or concerned leader who can take action against this...
    what about this idea??
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Considering your details to log activities of child nutrition, vaccination of infant and pregnant lady data log. It's huge too huge to work by few people.
    I would suggest you to visit your near by Aanganwadi and get the detail what data you need to log.
    Meanwhile you can work on what framework you are going to use Struts/Spring MVC and MySql db, start coding on User module, access rights.
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    actually, after visiting an anganwadi i made this decision. this system will be available in each aanganwadi and data from all different aanganwadi will be connected to a centralized database. and we are going to work in a group of 6 people and we have almost 8 months to complete this work.
    i know its an huge project, bt cant we complete it in 8 months??
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Aanganbadi can be done... Start working seriously and you can learn a lot from it.
    Any web project has only two thing save the date and retrieve it. how you do it it's upon you. Search and use latest plugins for data table, Ajax, Db handling etc. I suggest to use light DB like MySql.
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    well thanks a ton for solving my confusions... i'll keep updating my progress on this topic here.. so i can get more n more suggestion/help from here... we'll talk to my h.o.d. on this tmrw. once he approve the defi. we'll start working over it.
    btw, whats ur view on idea i mentioned in #6
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rahul Naraniya
    There are many important issues related to our society(local, national and international) so can we develop a platform like crazyengineers.com where people(mainly youth and intellectual person of the society) can share their views on a particular topic. once we have a good stuff then we'll handover it to MP or concerned leader who can take action against this...
    what about this idea??
    CE's not the 'ultimate' platform and you can definitely try to build a platform that'll appeal to your users. But be aware that building a discussion platform is one thing and then getting people to actually use it is different. Those are very big challenges so make sure that you plan accordingly.

However, I'd strongly recommend that you should not re-invent the wheel by developing another discussion platform. Simply pick phpBB or any other open source platform or social networking software like bbPress and start tweaking it to your specific needs. That'd be a much better approach.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Hi.
    Think this link will be helpful for you to get an rough idea about essential points to include on your project.
    #-Link-Snipped-#.

Its an MP Govt Initiative.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Nice topic !
    I have some idea for you. Like we will give some tag to all children and there will be one unit at each Aanganwadi which collects the information of the children when they enters/leave/play and upload the data to some central server and from that it goes to some website where anybody can see realtime data on web.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In my opinion the authenticity of the data archived is important. My wife does voluntary work at an NGO for mentally challenged chilren.She found that the declared nutition of the food given there is quite different to what is actually delivered. She organised an expert on nutrition to visit the place and give advice.

Any analysis based on unverified data can defeat the purpose and decision/policy making.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    A.V.Ramani
    In my opinion the authenticity of the data archived is important. My wife does voluntary work at an NGO for mentally chllenged chilren.She found that the declared nutition of the food given there is quite different to what is actually delivered. She organised an expert on nutrition to visit the place and give advice.

Any analysis based on unverified data can defeat the purpose and decision/policy making.
    Here some device which can take a sample of food and then sends complete report may work. Have to figure out if there's any device which can really check the quality of food.
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    #-Link-Snipped-# yes i visited the site.
    #-Link-Snipped-# i'm planning to save the data u mentioned and some more basic data in such a way that it could be analysed at that particular area level,district level and then state level. so that govt. can use these data to make decision regarding different parameters.
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir yes the authenticity is the most important
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    hello friends...
    as per my external guide's advice i decided to work on child vaccination. as he said these two topics have nothing to do with each other so either keep only aanganwadi or vaccination.
    today i mate 2 of my college faculty regarding the topic.
    one said its a good idea bt do a little more research over this.
    i said ok and asked if this topic is been used before by anyone in our college??? he said not yet and it sounds interesting bt a little more analysis is required. i agreed and went to another faculty. he said its very common and used 3-4 times before in our college add some more functionality to this, its very simple nd small project(we are 2 person working on this)
    what should i do now??
    the functionality i've shown them is in the image.
    i went to them with the same material..
    i hope u all will understand what the image want to say.
    expecting some suggestion from your side.
    thanks
  • Rahul Naraniya
    Rahul Naraniya
    this is the image

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can u help me in my project>>>>>>breast cancer detection using dip
As of today, there are many mobile OS available in the market; Few popular ones are Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows. There are many parameters that are important to rate...
Hi, friends. My name is Carlos García and I am also new here. However, several years ago I joined working life. Right now, I work for a large engineering corean...
Can anyone list me the best colleges which provide distance learning facility in india where i can do M.Tech in CSE.??
Is there a C/C++ library that offers digital signal processing functions like qpsk modulation?