Project idea based on a used three wheeler which has two stroke engine

Hello mam...
I am a third year student and i am doing an individual project of three wheeler,
My project mainly based on a used three wheeler which has two stroke engine. I have to remove the engine and place a proper motor, differential shaft to the rear part of that three wheeler. I have no idea about that, Can you please help me to get at least an rough idea about that.
Thank You

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you describe the problem that you are facing in this project? What exactly do you need to know?
  • Sachintha Lenawala
    Sachintha Lenawala
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Task of the project :
    Design and fabrication and testing of differential gear unit for an electrical three wheeler ..

Objectives :
    1. understanding of the traction torque characteristics in different driving conditions
    2. understand the traction motor characteristics
    3. design of the compatible coupling (differential unit)

I have been provided an old three wheeler which running from two stroke engine. But it doesn't in the running conditions. So my supervisor asked me to remove the engine and replace a suitable motor and make a electrical three wheeler. Actually my target should be calculate and fabricate proper differential shaft. Although select a proper traction motor to run the electrical three wheeler.
  • msuresh444
    msuresh444
    Sachintha Lenawala
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Task of the project :
    Design and fabrication and testing of differential gear unit for an electrical three wheeler ..

Objectives :
    1. understanding of the traction torque characteristics in different driving conditions
    2. understand the traction motor characteristics
    3. design of the compatible coupling (differential unit)

I have been provided an old three wheeler which running from two stroke engine. But it doesn't in the running conditions. So my supervisor asked me to remove the engine and replace a suitable motor and make a electrical three wheeler. Actually my target should be calculate and fabricate proper differential shaft. Although select a proper traction motor to run the electrical three wheeler.
    1. Learn the basics of torque vs traction characteristics, its very difficult to learn, understand and reproduce a new variant of differential gear unit with your resources.
    2. Traction motors are DC high starting torque motors, speed controlled thru circuits, find out on these in online forums.
    3. I have replied to this previously in another discussion, do your calculations and buy an OEM differential unit of any Light pickup truck.
  • Sachintha Lenawala
    Sachintha Lenawala
    msuresh444
    1. Learn the basics of torque vs traction characteristics, its very difficult to learn, understand and reproduce a new variant of differential gear unit with your resources.
    2. Traction motors are DC high starting torque motors, speed controlled thru circuits, find out on these in online forums.
    3. I have replied to this previously in another discussion, do your calculations and buy an OEM differential unit of any Light pickup truck.
    thank u very much

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This discussion was overdue here. Most entrepreneurs-in-the-making prepare themselves for the world of startup by reading success stories of other entrepreneurs. If you only read about the big success stories,...
Satellite launches are expensive affair for space research organisations and governments that back them. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) wants to attempt lowering the cost of these launches by building...
Update: Steps to fix this problem that caused mobile data icon to go missing from QuickPanel on Samsung S6 and S6 Edge phones is given below: https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...sung-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge.81185/#post-345118 The mobile data...
In many job listings on Google Careers page, there are a lot of vacancies for the job of a technical writer at Google. The listing notes that technical writers are...
Graphene continues to surprise researchers all over the world with its incredible characteristics. The latest Graphene miracle is all about turning 1 atom thick Graphene layer into a source of...