Project based on the solar energy

Hello, i am the mechanical engineering student . I am planning to do project on solar energy is anyone has any innovative idea please let me know

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to CE.

Why you do chose to do solar energy projects? What was your intent and motivation?

I feel rather than others give you a list of answers that could be "innovative", you try to derive yourself what are the problems / issues that you want to address with solar energy.

Lets encourage constructive discussions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If you leave out the occasional bursts and flares, Sun is just a black body at 6000 degrees K radiating. The characteristics of this is known. Upto us how to use it, which frequencies, cost of use, applicability for intended purpose and such.
    Other than a Sterling Cycle I am not aware of a direct conversion of Solar Energy for mechanical applications.
  • shri Sandeep Jadhav
    shri Sandeep Jadhav
    ash
    Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to CE.

Why you do chose to do solar energy projects? What was your intent and motivation?

I feel rather than others give you a list of answers that could be "innovative", you try to derive yourself what are the problems / issues that you want to address with solar energy.

ash
    Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to CE.

Hi ASH
    actuallly i am planning to construct the refrigeration based on the solar system so what should be my steps i mean from where i should start my project
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In 1969 I made a prototype of the Crosley Icy Ball Refrigerator but using solar energy for evaporating the ammonia gas. Since I wanted to see what went on inside I made it in Pyrex glass (Not for regular use!). The evaporator ball had a matt black epoxy coat to absorb solar energy. It worked. Though the size was slammed no ice could be produced. It did cool to about 20 degrees below ambient.

Info on this crude device can be found here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Crosley IcyBall

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a fresher with a bachelor degree in mechanical and have an opportunity as a graduate trainee in an contract based organisation related to works on hydraulics. So please...
I'm looking for an excel formula that will help me create abbreviations using the first letters of the text in columns - TEXT ------------------------- ---+------ABBREVIATION Stanford School of Engineering |...
Intex is on a roll with yet another budget smartphone - this time the Intex Aqua Classic priced at Rs 4444! The phone comes with a dual GSM SIM card...
Born and brought up in Mumbai and coming from humble beginnings, Kapil Hetamsaria completed his B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from VJTI, Mumbai in 1999. In 2005, he completed MBA in...
The newest entrant in the LYF brand of smartphones from Reliance Industries is the LYF Earth 2. The smartphone in question costs Rs. 20,999 and comes loaded with more smart...