Product Satisfaction - doesn't it overrule all other marketing lies?

If you look closely at the products produced today, how would you decide whether to buy it or not. Would you just look at the functionality or also on the style and overall package of your product. Here are a few scenarios I want you to closely analyse:

1. Maruti Suzuki produces some of the best vehicles suited for Indian roads. All their vehicles are sexy and there are various ranges of prices for better affordability. They give a lot of effort improving the design of their vehicles and so the end result is that people love it and prefer it because of its better service.

2. Tata Motors has been making shit-like vehicles. The only section they used to have importance was with buses. Their cars lack the pinache to attract potential buyers and hence often end up as taxis. The sad part is they've failed to impress in terms of design inspite of their tie up with players like Jaguar and Range Rover.

3 Think of other sections like smartphones, tablets and laptops - where the product actually 'spoke for itself' and boosted the sales.

So why can't companies invest on making sexier products than give a lot of crap advertisement?

Is research and customer review not carried out seriously in every company?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Companies try to bring products to please their fans

But some times what they Dub as customer friendly makes more enemies than friends for the company
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Every company has its way of working and a pre defined set of protocols. TATA has made products which are more into development of nation. Their buses, trucks are for mass consumption usage. With an entry in personal automobiles like cars, they managed to make some efficient cars at affordable prices. But MS outraced them due to looks. TATA worked for enhancement of life and not luxury. If you see from that point of view, their success doesnt seem small. They have rocked. MS being the first in market, had better capture overall you can say.

Talking about the smartphones, everyone wants one. And what thecompanies are working for is giving one to each of them. that is where we have a number of gradients across the vast pool of the market. Product satisfaction guarantees the customers is true but that holds behind a vast set of objectives and protocols of the manufacturers. That is also a major holding in determining its success.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Any other new takes on this folks? We've all experienced some sort of satisfaction with certain brands for various types of electronics right?

For eg: I've seen people loving Samsung's Refrigerators, Sony Bravia Television sets, Rhythm Alarm Clocks, Panasonic Home Theatre systems, General's Air Conditioners and so on. I'm sure that most of you would also have a particular favourite brand for each product in the market. What say?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Is it right to compare TATA with Maruti Suzuki? The latter's parent company is Suzuki after all. For example, Swift, Alto & Kizashi are not Indian indigenous designs with major localized R&D.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont like the comparison of tata with ms as Tata had more invested in R&D department than in design and looks.They were mainly looking to build a better nation.Yes I agree to the fact that Attractive designs are lacking but not RandD.
    If I am a customer, i would prefer a more reliable,sater product rather than a attractive profuct.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Though I Had no knowledge in automobile comparisons, i don't find it is limited to that from the question and thread creator's posts.

"Product Satisfaction-Doesn't it over rule all other marketing lies?"

Surely,It Does Over rule. I Had some sort of satisfactions from different companies on their different products. That is the area where every brand has to really focus on. But actually they are not focusing on that. They Create products and advertise it as they like. A Customer Would Suggest a thing to his/her circle of known persons only he/she satisfied with that. That plays a major role in product sales i think 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have played few console games & i noticed that the FPS of game stays around 28-30 FPS only. While, In PC gaming, slight change is seen between 30 &...
It is well known that there are often more than one way of solving any problem. Same is the case with Oracle SQL. It is possible almost to write any...
I am changing the config file in RPi. I want to set display resolution to 1360x768 which is closer to my monitor's 1366x768. It is in hdmi_group=2 & hdmi_mode=39 (&...
Worrying about keeping your electronic empire charged when you're roaming at places far-away from the power points is a thing of a past with this Solar Tent. The Katabatic Solar...
I don't understand how to ask this question. It may sound silly, but how was time of 1 second was decided ? How come 6 degree is equal to 1...