Product management or QA with automation?

Hi Kaustubh,

I am a fresher and working as an QA analyst in a gaming product company from 2 months. I just wanted to know what all career options are open for me as an QA, or can i opt for product management after gaining suitable experience. Is ISTQB mandatory for MNC's?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tuka
    I just wanted to know what all career options are open for me as an QA, or can i opt for product management after gaining suitable experience.
    Have you done some research on your own? Whenever there's a question of 'can' - the answer is 'yes'.
  • tuka
    tuka
    #-Link-Snipped-# I have done research on product management but m still confused about on what I should aim for a better future??please guide...and thanks a lott for ur reply...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tuka
    #-Link-Snipped-# I have done research on product management but m still confused about on what I should aim for a better future??please guide...and thanks a lott for ur reply...
    Tell us what options do you think you have? We can help you pick the best one.
  • tuka
    tuka
    Options in front of me are
    1.Product management
    2.QA with a good command in automation tools.
    Please suggest any other good options.
    Your opinions are very valuable for me.thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, here's the answer you're looking for!

First - now that you're just 2 months old industry, I'd recommend spending some more time and understand what each of your choices will lead you to. Product management is something that you'll do in a products company (not in a services company). That requires lot of experiences, at least a few years, in the industry. Being in QA, I'd imagine you'd get into product management from the QA perspective. Typical product management would need lot of development experience.

If you want to stick to QA, I'd recommend developing mastery over QA automation tools as fast as you can. You'd grow to a level where you'd be doing 'management' - either for a services company (managing a team, providing technical guidance if required) or become typical QA manager who'd be responsible for directing the overall testing methodology for projects.

For now: just focus on learning as many things as you can, in DEPTH!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Getting bored and monotonous when you build each robot in your dorm right from scratch? Here we are to make that much more easy. Kurukshetra 2015 presents a workshop on...
asokfair submitted a new project: Wireless LED Control - Control your LED/Motor using Android Mobile This is a simple project using TI MSP430 launchpad.In this project the led is going...
Most smartphones today struggle with short battery life issue. With an increase in the use of smartphones, charging them every day or multiple times a day is a necessity. Researchers...
The memory maker, Strontium has announced an exclusive external storage for the iOS powered iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+. Called 'iDrive 3.0', this is the first product exclusively for iPhone...
Hello! I've to do summer-internship after my 6th semester. I would like to know how to approach companies for the same? What is the procedure? Any tips for it? Anything...