Processor based Senior Design Project

I am an EE student interested mainly in computer hardware. I am trying to think of a senior project idea that involves CPU or GPU.

The project typically involves 2 or 3 students and can take a semester or a year at most. Othe student disciplines will be EE/CE or Computer Science.

I had an idea of perhaps implementing a processor instruction set on an FPGA using VHDL such that it emulates a processor itself. But I had a hard time thinking what else other group members could do at that point.

I'm not an expert by any means so any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hallo All, I need some description about the some Reflection of wires in communication. I have attached the Picture of My question Along with Answers for details so I shall...
I need some description about the some TTL based Logic. I have attached the Picture of My question Along with Answers for details so I shall be really grateful to...
Artificial computation and our neural effort go hand in hand to act as a supporting system for the other. While humans made a silicon mind to run faster and process...
Howdy everyone! I hope the new year is bringing in lot of happiness and joy to you. I thought I'd let you know what's happening behind the scenes at CrazyEngineers...
The mystery behind the explosive Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 devices has finally been unveiled. The company has announced that faults in the battery were the reason behind the Note 7...