Problem with PC

Hi friends,
I too have a problem with my PC..Sometimes when i'm working my PC suddenly gets off(shutting down)on its own..I was advised to format my system..I would like to know the actual cause behind this..Just do help me out....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I believe it would be difficult to answer without knowing the OS. ๐Ÿ˜€

I have never noticed such problem with Mac.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Miniy, did any error message or pop up saying it was about to shutdown?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Actually, the situation normally happens when you've automatic updates enabled. Once the update is installed, Windows normally needs a restart.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Actually, the situation normally happens when you've automatic updates enabled. Once the update is installed, Windows normally needs a restart.
    It does, but there is usually a message that asks whether to restart now or later ๐Ÿ˜› I'd be kinda pissed if the updates restart my computer without my permission.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    It does, but there is usually a message that asks whether to restart now or later ๐Ÿ˜› I'd be kinda pissed if the updates restart my computer without my permission.
    Yeh, and it always shows "Shutting down in 4 minutes" ๐Ÿ˜ก . Especially when I'm streaming Dilbert Cartoons on YouTube ๐Ÿ˜‰.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, I didnt realise there is a countdown timer. Perhaps thats a feature of Vista only? ๐Ÿ˜›

Ya know, I didnt know there were dilbert cartoons ๐Ÿ˜› I've only ever read the comics! Damn, I'm going to be super addicted to watching it now.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Biggie, wants the most efficient way to stream the dilbert clips? ๐Ÿ˜€

This one is so damn funny! -> - YouTube

Check it out CEans!

[EDIT]
    And this! Engineer - YouTube

Sorry Miniy for hijacking your thread ๐Ÿ˜› We'll be waiting for your response, though. Please list out what OS you use as well as your computer specifications just in case.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    No messages popped off....Suddenly system gets off on its own(i couldn't shut it down too).....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    miniy
    No messages popped off....Suddenly system gets off on its own(i couldn't shut it down too).....
    Okay, we'll now try to guess the OS on your system.

Windows XP (SP2) - I say. What do you say, ash? ๐Ÿ˜
  • engineer_vinay
    engineer_vinay
    may be this a hardware issue, like on-off switch, keyboard. Check your keyboard's key and on/off switch also.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    Sounds like a fault either in the hardware - faulty motherboard

or overheating - a fan has blown somewhere...

How long does it run before switching off? Is it the same length of time each time?

I had a system switch off repeatedly after 20 minutes. Turns out a PSU fan had blown and the heat in the case had no where to go.

I replaced the fan, no bother now.
    • 7 months ago
    Source(s):

Try this as well.

Click on START. Right-Click on My Computer and select Properties.

In the System Properties window, select the ADVANCED tab.

On the Advanced window, uncheck the box marked "Automatic Restart".

Now when your computer goes to close down, it may produce a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) with information in white letters about possible causes.

Make a note of the numbers and Google for them. You may find there's a fault that is easily tackled.
  • rohit007
    rohit007
    only one solution of this problem is................................format your pc.
  • rohit007
    rohit007
    my pc has been infected with virus named funny.avi
  • robby
    robby
    my keyboard not working properly , wht to do?it stop working in between....
  • arunbasillal
    arunbasillal
    Hey, I think its a Virus. Do you have any other problem, like is your Windows task manger disabled.. or is the system excessively slow..?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all i m electronics and communication engineer Er Avishake Attri and ready to get crazy with all you guys
hey can anyone please help me where i can get the slides (ppt) on evolution of electonics and communication please reply ASAP as i need this urgently i will b...
HI there...Iam a 1st year Electrical engineering student.My friends and I wanted to do a project on Electric cars...n' i was assigned with it's Battery part...I had an Idea o'...
CEans, Ever since CE started, we've been following the No-SMS-Text policy on our forums. Despite all efforts, we continue to get posts full of abbrivations (and I believe they are...
big_k, i have read quite a lot of interviews that you have conducted with bjarne stroustrup, yashwant kanetkar and many more. I have seen that its not just you who...