Problem solving

Hi there hope u can help me out. I am a EEE student. This is a doubt from my paper communication & network transmission

please help me out. The following are the 2 problems:

1.consider a(7,4) cyclic code with generator polynomial g(x)=1+x+x3. let data word m=(1010). find the corresponding systematic code

2. let U be a (7,4) cyclic code with g(x)=1+x+x3. find a generator matrix G for U and find the code eword for m=(1010)

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    wow, its nice you have formed your Q nicely, but unfortunately, as much as I wanted to help, I have not taken Communications as a subject. I can tell you one thing though.

Take out the keywords like:

Cyclic code, Systematic Code, Generator matrix, Code eword, Generator polynomial etc

Now try this in google, as I have tried... "cyclic code generator polynomial" and this is what I found:

#-Link-Snipped-#

AND this site:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    nice, thanks for the links! Ive yet to take this subject.. sounds hard though 😔 are the problems about encoding data or something? maybe coding theory.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    dude for a sec i thought its reviserine 😀 But yea, its good the links are helpful to someone atleast.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Calculating the viscosity blending index of a liquid consisting of two or more liquids having different viscosities is a two step procedure. The first step involves calculation of the Viscosity...
Hey CEans! *looks at xheavenlyx's posting template* 😛 Im working on a line following robot in a group that uses the PIC16F877A uC and the L293 motor driver. The sensors...
CRDI-IT STANDS FOR COMMON RAIL DIRECT INJECTION I M DOING MECHANICAL ENGG.-3rd YEAR I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS SYSTEM WORKS COM-ON MECHEYS
I have a business website idea that is more complex than a simple e-commerce site. I am not a "computer person" so I have no idea where to start actually...
hi... i am crazy mechanical engineer... so since i am new here i would like to know about this site .... and i am a bit confused about the forum...