Price of Yu Yureka: Rs. 12, 499?

Just when we thought that the price of Yu Televentures’ first smartphone was too good to be true, it turned out to be. When the phone was announced the price was set at Rs. 8999 but today while buying the phone I received a shocker. First I could not buy the phone in time and I was asked to join the waitlist. As soon as the deal got over, the price increased to Rs. 12,499 and the “add-to-cart” option enabled. Clicking the “add to cart” option led me to blank cart because all the phones by then had been sold out.

YU 1

Either this is a glitch on part of Amazon India or an extremely deceptive way to selling a smartphone.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's quite something. I received the invite to purchase too (I had registered long back).
    After reading your post, I went to amazon to check the product. On searching 'Yu Yureka' there is no listing for the phone. I don't get any relevant search result.
    Is the phone removed from the site? Or will it be only available for the few minutes or seconds of the flash sale?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ok I searched for it in my mailbox and found this link - #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# The price is not listed there. It seems they might've removed it.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    So the price was an error of some kind.

One of interesting things that I also discovered about the Yu Yureka Amazon sale was they are delivering the product at select localities within the same city. For example they are delivering the phone at the PIN code 751001 which represents area where all the state government offices are located but they aren't delivering it in the suburban areas of the Bhubaneswar city such as 751020, the area where I stay.

Finally, the thing that made me not buy this phone is after-sales support. Sure they are promoting the fact that they will deliver door-step pickup and return of service requests but is it really possible for a company to do so. They will not be providing support at Micromax service centers as they are operating under a new company YU Televentures. This is like Lava and Xolo thing all over again. I did not but Xiaomi because they have outsourced to a service center that is responsible for handling service requests of multiple companies.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    More incriminating information regarding the Yu Yureka sale has surfaced. A blogger claims that Yu and Amazon managed to sell less than 3000 units during the flash sale.
    More information available in the following link:
    Yu were mislead · Abhay Rana
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Finally an official statement by Amazon India on their Facebook page: #-Link-Snipped-#
    150189_337560533104425_519939920171793081_n
    Case closed: Technical Glitch it is.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are a frequent flyer from India, chances are that your visits to the websites like MakeMyTrip or ibibo and the official airline company websites of Jet Airways, Indigo...
The spring capacity size and weight is off. Can opposing magnets be used to store a reactive force in a controlled manner for release? These clock guys blew me out...
Windows 7, which runs on approximately 50% of computers in the world, will stop getting mainstream support from January 13, 2015. End of mainstream support means that Microsoft will no...
1. BE/B.Tech/MCA/M.Sc/MS with minimum 3 years of relevant experience post Qualification IT- Experience. 2. Bsc Graduates with minimum 3.5 years of relevant experience post qualification IT Experience. 3. Only Full...
Wiio Mobiles has launched a new smartphone called Wi Star 3G in India. Like many other smartphone manufacturing companies, Wiio also intends to launch reasonably priced handsets featuring high quality...