Preparing for GATE side by side with a job

hi members.๐Ÿ˜€ ..now i stepped into final year of electronics and electrical engineering ๐Ÿ˜‰....i know this is the crucial stage to decide my career...i have decided to work after B.E and side by side to prepare for GATE .I thought of appearing Gate this time but i feel i don't have much time to prepare (6 months approx )as i have to concentrate on academic as well as my final year project ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜จ.so members give me some suggestions whether it is wise to write gate after preparing for an year?????.another main reason is because i have to compete in open category so have to score good marks !!!๐Ÿ˜” .if this is a wise decision den Wat stuffs should i prepare for placement ?? my area of interest is Embedded systems ....
waiting for your valuable replies ......๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• HRG
    HRG
    why no replieszzz ;(
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    Well, two years before i was at the same stage. With my final year on EEE i have tried appearing for GATE but i couldn't went through. Later after the graduation i was totally confused whether to go for a job or GATE preparations.. I can understand that state of mind. At this point of time, what i can suggest to you is try preparing now itself. Right now, you are on that pace..You will be knowing whole idea. Just need to brush up things, that's all. If you are into a job, there are possibilities that you will be too much occupied, again it depends on the domain. Of course, it doesn't mean that its not possible to prepare for GATE side by side, but it will be more difficult than now. You have got 6 months.. You have got time. Brush up through the previous year topics. Do a analysis on net and identify the trend, the pattern and kick off. All the best.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • HRG
    HRG
    hmm OK Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€ i'll try my best ๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹
  • Abhinav tyagi
    Abhinav tyagi
    Hi Team ,
    I am in same condition above but my IT exp is 4 .. age 26... i am planning to write gate 2015.... passed cse 2010. & in a confused stage can I do good if i start preparing now.....just 5 months left for exam.... I can give 3-5 hours daily to my study ...planning to join online classes. Is it like by doing gate preparation... I will be able to crack other exams for CSE in government sector
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It is very much possible for you to get a decent score by studying vigorously in the next 5 months. It all depends on how good you are with various subjects and topics at the initial stage. You can follow the advice shared by #-Link-Snipped-# in the post above.
    A lot of IT engineers crack GATE with flying colors and go for M.Tech, so you might find some of your colleagues doing the same.

Also, when it comes to cracking different exams based on the same subjects, the basic amount of knowledge needed is mostly the same. Therefore if you prepare thoroughly for GATE 2015, you will be ready to appear for CSE entrance exams for government sector too

Is there anything specific you would like to ask further on this?
  • Abhinav tyagi
    Abhinav tyagi
    Many thanks Ankita. One thing I would like to ask is the much time before i shall start revise every thing. & what are the probable dates of gate 2015

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We always feel proud that India has a good pool of engineers passed out every year. Today the country requires quality engineers who can build strong foundations for the country....
Name: Rafie Redzwan Mechanical Engineering Location: Malaysia Occupation: Student Work Experience: QA/QC in Steel Structure Aim in life: Expertise in Nuclear Technology I joined CrazyEngineers because: I wanted to improve...
This topic, is going to show of your worry for experienced graduates. There has been a huge hikes in the salaries to the freshers. A two year's experienced graduates have...
Hey everybody. Can anybody give me some ideas what i should do for my final project? The theme is we need to invent something useful for the community.. Please give...
Michel Morganella is no longer playing soccer in London Olympics. The player has accused South Korean players on twitter after Switzerland lost to the South Korea by 2-1. The tweets...