Power density versus power density spectrum

hello friends,

A little doubt while reading noise in electronic devices. Is there any difference in the physical interpretation of power density and power density spectrum.

why there is a resistance term relating the two quantities. I am discussing the case where I have to compute the resistor noise.

regards,
proffy

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Power density spectrum is the plot where frequency is specifically chosen as a reference plane along x axis to plot power density

Power spectrum is analysing power of the signal over any reference plane it can be time, temperature or even pressure and the like

Hope you get a picture

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Watching live TV on your smartphone and mobile has just become easier with Dish TV’s subscription based streaming service DishOnline. Dish TV subscribers can use the DishOnline service on web...
I have made a project on Point of Sale.It is a web based application,runs on an Intranet network. Front-End---Asp.net Back-End---Sqlserver IDE ---Visual Studio 2012 It is an inventory management system....
can we use alcohol blend biodiesel in vehicles
Mozilla have merged their Opensource Flash/SWF player 'Shumway' in the latest nightly builds of Firefox web browser. Mozilla's Shumway is an open web-native SWF (Adobe flash) runtime environment with the...
'Smart launcher' is very attractive launcher for Android phones which will give you Ubuntu touch's Unity experience. Smart launcher is consuming very low amount of resources (around 7-8 MB for...